Keith Craft Racing
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old 06-03-2005, 04:19 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

I've been following Kristen's problems in getting the lettering done on her tires in time for Tulsa. A lot of time and effort there.

It finally dawned on me that it could end up being to her benefit and the other guys on the track problem.

Without the white lettering she won't be slowing down in the corners to show them to the corner workers or slowing down going by the pits pointing them out to everyone.

So what that means is Kristen will be focused on driving hard and fast.

Unless she decides to show off those new blue tennis shoes instead.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Hmm, I don't know about you, but if I were to see a blonde driving a
blue with white striped cobra with a blue tennis shoe'd foot hanging over
the door I think I'd be moving out of the way!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

BUBBA!!!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by LwCwb

Just checking in....

Theres a 63' Falcon Sprint for $1500 just down the road... that got the gears in my head turning....

Going to Carlisle (All Ford Nationals,) I wanna find a 302/351 to put in the Falcon that I don't own.

2 Days of school left.... 2 half days... no more finals.

Im thinkin Guardsman Blue with a Wimbeldon white Top, 3" exhaust with electric cutouts, Hoosier Drag Radials with Chrome 15" Torque Thrusts, Blue interior with white inserts to match the exterior, and a 302/351 with Roush 200 Heads backed by a toploader. Told ya it got the gears a' turnin... all I need is everything!

Lil Mike--what condition? 289 or 289 HI-PO? Auto or toploader? I've been looking for a "decent" 63 1/2 Sprint Coupe for a couple of years. I may be interested .....if you don't decide to buy it.

Sprint Coupes were only made from about April to September of '63, thus the designation '63 1/2(best body design of the Falcon IMO). Most were delivered with 3-spd autos and a standard 289, some though were ordered with the HI-PO and either a auto or a toploader. My cousin still has his that he got in HS in '69 and has had rebuilt top to bottom and won't sell....dimmit

If you buy it paint it one color not two...they look IMO opinion ugly two-tone. And go with the non-chrome Torq-Thrusts, better period look. But If it is your car do whatever...'cuz it IS your car
Old 06-04-2005, 05:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Flip,

Kristen probably bought two pairs of the Blue tennis shoes. And a sign to hang on the car pointing out the nice new white letters. she will hang the 2nd set of Blue shoes on the outside of the car so everyone can see what she is wearing.

G.R.

There aren't many 1963-1965 Falcons or Comets left in this area. I saw a few,( four), really nice ones at the car shows but never see any on the road except my 65 and it sure isn't a show car as the paint has all of the parkinglot battle scars. I was going to have it painted, but just can't wait the one to two years to get it back.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 06-04-2005, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Its red (or Blue) with a 427 and completely fictional.
Not Ranked     

Sprints only had 289's? That makes it a 2 Door sedan then because it has the Six banger and a 2 speed auto.

Maybe ill just put a 350 with a turbo 350 trans in it.... Yea Right!

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 06-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WE ARE GOOD TO GO!!!!

Old 06-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Mike,

If I remember correctly, the 63 Sprint had sprint in chrome script on it. Nice little car with the standard 289 and 4 speed. Wish I had one now. I tried one out and opted for a Galaxie with a 390. Bad choice.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 06-04-2005, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So you went to the dealer looking for a dinghy, and ended up buying a land yaht?

Going to Carlisle tomorrow, Boss 429's, 351's, and 302's. Hehe, and all the cars are FORD! What could be better?

Wish me luck on my search for the engines....

Blykins Anyone in here: What are the casting numbers for the Early 351/302 Block? Got my Ford engine book from PAW today (After 6 Months of waiting )

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 06-04-2005, 05:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

What do you need Mike? Block cast numbers for 302/351 blocks? And how early? If you're wanting a good block for rebuilding.....60's and early 70's is what you're wanting...

C8 is the earliest I can find for a 302...
C8TE's were truck blocks....

C9 is the earliest I can find for a 351W.

Of course you know a 351W has a lot taller deck height than a 302....so you can tell the difference that way....
Old 06-04-2005, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Brent, thats what I was looking for, late 60's early 70's. If we find a well priced 302, I want to get a 347 Stroker kit for it, so It will have to take a .030 over-bore... if we find a 351... im thinking of a 408-418, maybe with a .060 Over-bore.

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 06-04-2005, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike, I wouldn't settle for a 302....go for the 351. You'll be happier in the long run. There are lots of arguments against such a long stroke (in either a 302 block or a 351 block). Using that 347 kit would be less reliable in the long run (most likely a really really long run...but still) than a shorter stroked 351....such as a 392 or a 408. You'll get lots more power out of the Windsor for less effort.....and less rpm's.....

I'm running a 79 block .060" over with a 4.100" stroke.....no problems...knock on cast iron....I picked probably the wrong cam for my combo (at the advice of Comp Cams) and I'm still making 491 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque.....It makes all its gusto at 5400 rpm....vs. a 6500-7000 rpm peak for a 302 based stroker.

My personal opinion....but I think you'd be better off with the bigger block.....
Old 06-04-2005, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It all depends on what we dig up.. last year we found a Complete 351 out of a 80's Truck for $100 at Carlisle.... like they say, theres no replacement for cubic displacement. Im worried that I won't be able to find headers for the 351 since its so tight around the shock towers on the early Falcons, its been done though.

What heads are you running? I would like to have a 500+ lift cam in it... it will be a street/strip car... probably be doing the engine for my Sr. Project for high school.

If the falcon sells before I can get the dough, one of my friends has a go-cart chassis sitting in his back yard

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE

Last edited by LwCwb; 06-04-2005 at 06:31 PM..
Old 06-04-2005, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike, headers should be your last worry.....there are tons of header kits out there.....you just piece them together and weld them up. Custom headers.

I'm running Vic Jr cylinder heads. I ordered them bare and assembled them with the correct valve springs, shims, retainers, etc. Also, I don't know if this is true for all Edelbrock heads, but the ones I have seen don't have spring cups on them....so I put those on as well.

I'm using a Comp Cams hydraulic roller cam....230 degree duration, .544 lift, 110 lobe separation. I should have went with the biggest roller cam they make.....Desktop Dyno estimated a 57 hp increase with my heads and intake. I have a lot of faith in DD...it was only 2 hp off from the actual dyno results.

Also, from my research in dynamic compression ratios, I could have went another half point in compression with my cam selection.....could have went 11:1 and still run on 93....

Like I said before, don't settle. If they can put a small block Ford in a Sunbeam Tiger, you can put a Windsor block in that Sprint.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for all the help Brent, your a wealth of knowledge! Hows the Cobra coming along?

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 06-04-2005, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Slowly but surely Mike. I have to learn to be patient. I threw another wrench in my works by switching from Stewart Warners to Autometer Smiths replica gauges....So I had to make another dash panel, buy gauges, etc....I'm now I'm thinking about building an FE and putting the small block up for awhile....so who knows....

But it's driveable....and I've had it down the road for a couple short shakedown trips.....of course it's not legal....but....you know....

I wish I had my own website....I'd like to post a video of its first maiden voyage.....it shows how easy it is to set a pair of 245's on fire with half throttle.....hehehehe.......
Old 06-04-2005, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Go to groups.yahoo.com and start up a group... I started one for all of my Carlisle and Ford Photos, you get 30mb of files, and 50mb (I think) of photos, not a website, but the next best thing to it. Only downside is that people have to sign up for Yahoo to view your site. Hopefully ill talk a Boss 429 Owner into starting their car up for me while I take a video.

There were a lot of sweet Fords going down my road today, everything from Falcons, Galaxies, Fairlanes.... I even saw a Cobra while I was polishing the wheels on the truck for tomorrow (I hate brake dust, I spent more time on the front two wheels then I did on the whole truck!)

Correction- 20mb of files and 30mb of photos.

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE

Last edited by LwCwb; 06-04-2005 at 07:15 PM..
Old 06-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

boring. all this engine talk. borrriiinnnnggggggggggggg.

my wheels are on. don't ya'll care???
K
Old 06-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

welll.........no.......guess that's good they are back on the car

Have you checked your oil ?
Old 06-05-2005, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What would you rather talk about Kristin.....engine blocks or Danica Patrick's lack of curves?