S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

When summer comes and dries out all this green growth you can bet that
the fire department will be very busy with brush fires - unless it just keeps
raining all summer!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:51 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

This is all fine. Not more than a month and a half ago, you all were reminding me of what the ground looks like...without snow.

Nice shot Warren. I must have missed the pic of your house. I am thinking I might be able to take my car out this week. Not sure when, I have to wait for permission, from mother nature, she's the one you all pissed off.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Tru,

A month and a half ago the only way I could see the ground was through a layer of water. Same for three months ago. With about 5 days of 110+ sun and heat, I might be able to walk in my yards. But, still raining lightly this morning as we are supposed to have a break tomorrow and it will just be mostly cloudy with rain moving back in Thursday.

Fred,

The one thing that can kill that star thistle is water. Right now there isn't a sprig of it anywhere, but I am sure once the hot weather hits some of the seedswillhave survived and one is all it takes as that stuff spreads like water. I will dig up a big one and send it to you.

Sharroll,

There is so much water here that it is already going down the canyons as fast as they can let it. They have a real juggling act between letting water out of Shasta as they have to be careful to not knock out Kewsick Dam which is below Shasta, and Keswick has to he careful with their oultet to keep from flooding Redding. and there is a big snow pack now that is yet to melt and come down.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 04-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron, you really need to make peace with Mum. She's gonna drop water on your place until you make good on all those under-the-breath comments you made when it was too hot outside.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Hey Ron

Can I borrow some water for my flowers in the front yard (new avitar)?

Went for a nice ride yesterday so, even though it is ONLY 51 ºF now, I think I'll go for another ride today while the sun is shining.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Trularin

If you lived nearby to a town called WEED (California) do you think it would be hot and dry or cool and rainy? Maybe both at the same time?

Ron - call FEMA and ask for some relief - tell them the flood was from Katrina.

The sun around here this spring make me want to go on a vacation. Any suggestions? Last year I was 3 months in the Florida keys and it actually rained for 3 or 4 days - absolutely terrible. Need a new place
Old 04-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Warren,

Boy do I have a suggestion. Come out here for a few days. If it rained on you last year, maybe the rain would stop if you came here. Weed isn't that far from me and it is getting rain too. So is Weaverville and Mt. Shasta. Even the Bay Area is getting soaked. Love your Avatar. I had flowers in the front yard but they only got about 4 inches high before the water covered them. Don't know if they will survive or not. I just got back from Redding and it rained all the time, just harder at times and now it is really getting heavy. No spring here for sure.

Ron

Old 04-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs down No rain here

No rain here ... and I do have a spare room.

No charge to fellow Cobra owners. Cold ride today ... even had to wear my hat and gloves.

Old 04-12-2006, 03:40 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Another ride?

Gee whiz .... supposed to be somewhere between 65 and maybe even 70 ºF this afternoon. Guess I'll have to fill er up and go for another boring ride in the sunshine.

Here's hoping everything is sunny in your neck of the woods.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink

Warren,

Sunny!!! Are you insane. It poured all night and is still really coming down this morning. I am starting to think I may know how Noah felt. I am tired of driving through water 1/4 inch deep on the streets. Just looked and the forecast shows rain, showers, and rain for the next five days. Boy do we need it. I have stayed in the house for almost 75 days out of the past 80 and then I could only run out for an hour or so between storms. Wait until next Winter when you have 6 feet of snow and we have nice weather.

Ron

Old 04-12-2006, 05:57 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You to are running wild with this. I am happy it is raining. I may get out this week.

Warren, is that your place behind the pic?? Nice.

Well, I am happy to report the grafting has not failed. That is not to say it has taken, but it has not failed. This rain with an increase in temp. may force them to pop.

So, I think Ron should move the bottle water facility back to his front yard and allow his fellow cobra owners a chance to horde in on the profits. Hey, maybe he can get a government contract to supply bottle water to...Texas.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just got a report.

There seems to be some guy with a boat 340 cubits long in his front yard. The police are arresting him for running a zoo without a license. On behalf of the other members of his sect, they are preparing papers for court to allow him to save the world, but several people are marching in front of the courthouse in protest, saying they want to be able to learn to swim.

Ron, you really live in a wild and crazy state.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

It poured hard all night last night and has poured all morning and has just now slackened off to a mild rain. Water is standing in my yards like they are a swamp. I guess I should be happy this is rain and not snow. If it was snow it would be 50 feet deep now. Warren will get his later when everyone else is having nice weather. Never gloat when you have nice weather and others don't. Unless of course we are having the nice weather and then it is ok.

Ron

Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I haven't had more that two nice days...since last year.

Heck, it'll stop and forty days later the ark will hit land...or the Sears tower, which ever comes first.

I can deal with temps, but non-stop water, I would worry after the from pond over flowed.

Hey, have you heard from HLC???
Old 04-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Actually I haven't seen any posts from HLC for a day or so, but I may have missed some. Remember she lives in Texas where the weather is nice and is probably out having fun.
By the way, what is a good type caulk to use on the boards for sealing the Ark?

Ron

Old 04-12-2006, 12:59 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61
By the way, what is a good type caulk to use on the boards for sealing the Ark?

Ron
I've heard that thistle soaked in gopher $hit makes a pretty stout caulk.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Water, water everywhere

Hey Ron

Twas a great day today - went for a 4 hour ride. They would not open the spigot for me so I could not wash the car

Old 04-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question My other vehicle is a Cat

Old 04-13-2006, 03:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Good looking Cat. Be careful it doesn't step on the cobra.

I saw the moon last night at around 9:15 PM for the first time on over 2 months and it was full. It is now 3:30 AM an so far no rain but quite cool. Dare I hope for a day of no rain. Way to cold and wet to even think of driving but just a day with no rain falling would be welcome.

Ron

Old 04-13-2006, 05:27 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warren, you've taken this picture thing too far. Yeah. I can look at a picture of your car...once in a while. But, every post is getting a bit much.

50 year Silicon based caulk will be fine for your area. Make sure the boards lap as yoyu attach them to the ribs of the ark.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: