Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I see that!
I'm thinking were seeing two different models here? Interesting the yellow one has the smooth side pipe from right where it exits the body and all along the side.

,,,,,wonder if that means it's a whole different exhaust system too? IRS optional or standard? We need some detailed pics and specs!
Old 05-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom built Excalibur 351C
Not Ranked     

Black one has headrests

...yellow one NOT!

I wonder what badge they're using on the hood?

it's hard to tell
Old 05-24-2004, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur JAC 427 5.0L
Not Ranked     

Great pics!

I think the yellow car doesn't have any of the side reflectors, the rear-deck brake light or a side-view mirror. It looks like its roll-bar might not be chromed...?? Are these two models or are we looking at an original 1966 Cobra used at the show as a comparison?

I'm curious also about the rectangular name plate on the side. What does it say? I did not have any on mine and I saw that the one on sale at Ebay had them also.

Thanks!!

Rich
Old 05-26-2004, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hella System

I've been trying to track down if there is any support for the Protec System. I was unable to find the system in the current Hella catalog so I wrote a note to their customer service center. They sent the following response:

"Do you need the remote key itself, or the control unit that goes on the
firewall of the vehicle? Either way, you must get an entire new kit to get
either of them. Both are on the same frequency. If you get a new switch,
without getting a new control unit, they wont be on the same frequency.

Thank you!

Scott Kornhaus
Consumer Support Rep.
Hella, Inc.
201 Kelly Drive
P.O. Box 2665
Peachtree City, GA 30269
1-877-224-3552 (7556) - Toll-Free
1-800-631-7575 - Fax
1-770-631-7556 - Direct"

Tells me they know something about the system, but did not tell us where to find them. Maybe the guys a Excalibur will know something. Can one of you Wisconsin check it out?

Rich
Old 05-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Both yellow and black are Excaliburs. The longer wheel base is the key here (among other things).
Old 07-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur Night!

Our Wednesday Night Classics Cruise night is having a couple feature nights:

August 25th is "Cobra Night" of course this will draw ALL makes and model Cobras including the Excalibur JAC.

If you are in the area with your Cobra...Come join the fun!

============================

More importantly is "Excalibur Night!" Sept 1st

This is billed as a mini reunion of sorts for ALL Excalibur Automobiles showcasing the neoclassic Excalibur phaetons, roadsters and Limiteds.

Former employees, a couple exclusive Excalibur dealers and perhaps a "Special Guest " or two will be there.

If you love Excaliburs...don't miss it.

Check out: www.wednesdaynightclassics.com

Last edited by ohekk; 07-29-2004 at 12:23 PM..
Old 08-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Good News!

We've discovered some Excalibur Cobra records!

Also... we've found some owners manuals!!! $40

call Alice at Camelot Classics

414 760 3111
Old 08-10-2004, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra #273, 427 S/O, ERA GT-40 #2057, Excalibur Cobra.
Not Ranked     
Default LOST OPPORTUNITY (TEMPORARY)

HI, GUYS - - - -

ABOUT 15 CACC MEMBERS ATTENDED A FUND RAISER CRUISE-IN AT PURCELLVILLE, VA THIS PAST SATURDAY.

ANOTHER COBRA WAS THERE THAT WAS RATHER UNUSUAL. IT LOOKED VERY MUCH LIKE AN EXCALIBUR. THE OWNER SAID IT WAS A CLASSIC ROADSTERS FRAME & CHASSIS WITH AN EXCALIBUR BODY. HE SAID IT WAS THE "LAST" EXCALIBUR "MAJOR COMPONANT" TO LEAVE THE FACTORY.

THE CAR WAS A MEDIUM (FEDERAL) METALIC BLUE WITH A GREY INTERIOR. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS CAR. I SPOKE WITH THE OWNER FOR SEVERAL MINUTES - HE'S FROM MANASSAS, VA.

I LOST TRACK OF HIM DUE TO ALL THE ACTIVITIES (SOME REALLY CUTE YOUNG LADIES(?) AND SOME CORONA). BY THE TIME I RETURNED HE WAS GONE.

I WILL TRACK HIM DOWN AND GET MORE INFO.

IS ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH THIS "BODY"?? WOULD IT HAVE AN EXCALIBUR NUMBER OR A CLASSIC ROADSTERS NUMBER.

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY.

BLACKJACK
Old 08-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jack,

I would like to talk to the guy also. Sounds like an interesting combination.

As mentioned earlier in the thread. There was lots of disorganization under the last owner. Myself and several other aquaintences watched with dismay the final months, weeks, days, hours and final minutes of the Excalibur Aiutomobile Corp.

It was sad for the former employees, who worked there with such pride, to see it die a slow death.

We know there were a lot of parts, including fiberglass bodies that left after the "line" was shut down. To my knowledge, there were only five sold as "Components Only" Others may have left under other circumstances.

I know where the last "uncompleted" Cobra from the line is and of course I have the LAST "Components Only" Excalibur Cobra to leave the factory.

Please note there was another set of molds similar to the Excalibur body with slight differences in the doors,back up lights and parting lines. This could be one of those.

The only way to be sure would be to get a good look at it.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur #037 untouched
Not Ranked     

Hi guys, I ran across this on the web!!! Great info!!! I recently purchased # 037 Excalibur with 1600 miles from my brother in law in Ohio. It's in great shape and an untouched original in British Racing Green (no stripes). My State Farm insurance will not cover the car (they cover ALL my other cars?). Any suggestions on a decent Insurance Co would be great. Also, What are these cars worth? Jay (aka topgun)
Old 11-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The Excalibur is unique among replica Cobras in that it is a Federally recognized, authorized, etc "real" car made by a "real" car manufacturer.

That FACT I always stressed when I applied for insurance (plus I NEVER called the car a "Cobra" because it is not).

Worth? I haven't been keeping up with recent re-sales and have always wondered if "in time" they will appreciate quite nicely. I think they WILL. I would insure for no less than $35K myself. Seems to me the last sale I saw was around $28K or so.

I had car #33.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra 5.0 FI
Not Ranked     
Default Insurance

Call Amica Insurance. I have had them for 20 years now, and they are the best in the business. Someone backed into my Excalibur a few years ago and Amica took care of everything. I never had to talk to the other insurance co. and had none of the expenses challenged, and it was very expensive for what really seemed to be minor damage. I've had a number of claims over the last 20 years and they have always been handled with no problems. And, once you are a policy holder they won't cancel you for a few tickets or a few claims. As you know, with these cars, tickets can be a problem. They list the the car as an Excalibur, and charge me about $800 per year for full coverage. Because they are a mutual co. they rebate 20% of the premium at the end of the year.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Insurance

I don't understand why StateFarm is giving you a hassle. They have been covering mine for nearly eight years.

I declare the make as Cobra. Manufacturer as Excalibur. Every year they send me a questionairre about how many miles it was driven.

Here are some factors that may affect their decision to cover mine. I am the only driver, and my ticket and accident record is clean for more than 15 years.

Rich
Old 11-26-2004, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra #273, 427 S/O, ERA GT-40 #2057, Excalibur Cobra.
Not Ranked     

MY EXPERIENCE WITH STATE FARM IS THAT THEY ARE THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF DICK HEADS IN TOWN.

TRIED TO INSURE MY CARS WITH THEM SEVERAL YEARS AGO. THEY WOULD ONLY DO IT IF I CHANGED MY DAILY DRIVER INSURANCE, MY HOMEOWNERS AND MY EXCESS LIABILITY COVERAGE. THEIR PREMIUMS WERE SO DARN MUCH HIGHER ON THE D.D. H.O AND E.L. COVERAGE THAT IT WAS CHEAPER TO STAY WITH GEICO AND HAGGERTY.

HAGGERTY CHANGED (UNILATERALLY) THEIR COVERAGE TO "MINIMUM PERMITTED" IN YOUR PARTICULAR STATE FOR LIABILITY. THAT CROSSED THEM OFF OF MY LIST.

ON RECOMMENDATION FROM A FRIEND I TRIED STATE FARM AGAIN. NO PROBLEM THIS TIME. ALL THEY WANTED WAS THE DAILEY DRIVER ON THE POLICY AS WELL. THE D.D WITH STATE FARM WAS BETTER THAN THREE TIMES WHAT GEICO WAS CHARGING BUT THE COBRAS AND GT-40 INSURANCE RATE WAS VERY GOOD. FROM THE TIME I FILLED OUT THE FORMS WITH THE AGENT UNTIL I ACTUALLY RECEIVED A POLICY - TWO MONTHS HAD PASSED AND THE PREMIUM WENT UP TWICE.

AFTER THREE MORE MONTHS I RECEIVED A NOTICE OF NON-RENEWAL- ONLY FOR THE TWO COBRAS AND THE GT-40. THE REASON: "THE CARS WERE TOO EXPENSIVE". WHAT A CROCK, THEY WERE THE SAME CARS THAT THEY INSURED A FEW MONTHS EARLIER BASED ON A PROFESSIONAL APPRAISAL.

I'VE SINCE INSURED THE COBRAS AND GT-40 WITH GRUNDY. VERY NICE PEOPLE -- NO B.S. - - COMPETITIVE (VERY COMPETITIVE) RATES AND FULL COVERAGE.

ACCROSS THE BOARD - GUYS EITHER HAD GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH STATE FARM OR IT WAS A NIGHTMARE OF FRUSTRATION. ANY COMPANY THAT IS ALL THAT INCONSISTANT SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME. WHICH SIDE OF THE FENCE WILL THEY BE ON IF YOU REALLY NEED THEM.

INCIDENTLY: MY LAST ACCIDENT AND LAST MOVING VIOLATION WAS IN JANUARY OF 1964. GO FIGURE.

I WOULDN'T TOUCH STATE FARM WITH A STICK.

JUST MY 2 CENTS AND BAD EXPERIENCE. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY.

BLACKJACK
Old 11-26-2004, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     

I like JC taylor for insurance

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Old 11-26-2004, 05:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The quote I got from Grundy was very nice, good low price. Then I read the fine print:

Only covered to or from a "car show", parade or other similiar "auto event". Cruising for fun on the weekend was NOT covered! Mileage under 2K a year.

Just make sure you understand what it is exactly your buying for insurance.

...and while were on insurance...
I pay $1800 a year for my business insurance. I've read the policy countless times, as near as I can figure I aint covered for "squat". BUT I can't bid jobs without that insurance!

Last edited by Excaliber; 11-26-2004 at 05:45 PM..
Old 11-26-2004, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

JC Taylor gave an agreed value policy, no restrictions on driving, and it costs me appr. $600/year.

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Old 01-04-2005, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur #037 untouched
Not Ranked     

Excalibur #037 is for sale. Too many toys and must make room for one I just picked up. Anyone interested? Only 1800 miles and perfect in every way. See it at collectorcartraderonline.com Jay
Old 01-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

See it here while the ad is still listed on the site. Asking $45K. Air conditioning option, nice!

Sounds high, but I've always thought the Excal's would eventually go up in value. Hope we get a chance to see the final sell price.

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonl...1/77252821.htm

Last edited by Excaliber; 01-04-2005 at 05:28 PM..
Old 03-28-2005, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 97 Excalibur cobra, 5.0
Send a message via Yahoo to lvlonghair1
Not Ranked     

Hi everyone,
I just bought a 97 excalibur today!! Last 3 numbers of VIN are 169. Does that mean its the 169th built? It has 5,100 miles, green with silver stripe. I can't seem to find anything that shows the engine size and horsepower. Any info would be great, thanks.
Scott.