17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2006, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default Hella security system (Immobilizersteuergerat)

Hey Aloys,
Do you have any contacts at Hella International in Germany? I only have one gray "key" or probe or what ever it is called for my system. I tried contacting the US Hella distributor in Georgia and was told the system was not sold in the US and I would have to contact Hella in Germany. I went to their web site, but it referred me back to the US distributor! I could not leave any message directly to customer service at Hella in Germany, so I left my request with their web master. That was several days ago and I have not received any answer. I could not find any mention of this system on their site as well. What do you know about getting more keys or even a complete system to replace what I have now?

Vielen Dank,
Mike
Old 03-19-2006, 01:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,
far as I know this part (No.5RD 007 611-801/HELLA Protec Immobilizer Space)
is not beeing produced anymore. ERIC tried to get a system or parts of it a few years ago. I got the phone number and will call HELLA tomorrow to be sure and to get some information.
So, take good care of your key..
Old 03-19-2006, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default Hella Key

Thanks, Aloys. I sent you email and another one to Hella Deutschland.

Mike
Old 03-20-2006, 12:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike/All:
just talked to HELLA:
the system is not being produced anymore, no parts available anymore.
They got several transponders in stock, (5FA 729 417-001) that`s the little grey thing you touch the sensor with. But it only makes sense if you got the red master-transponder to configure the system new! (A key-set consists of one red master-key and two grey keys...)
Me,I only got one grey key...

Anyone want to talk with HELLA,here is the number in Germany: 49 2941 380

Last edited by Aloys; 03-20-2006 at 12:32 AM..
Old 03-20-2006, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Any used systems?

Aloys,
Were these systems used on other cars in Germany? If so, are there any used ones available? I think if I could buy a used control box (on firewall under the dash) and the matching keys, I could replace the control box and use the matching keys. I am going to ask Hella if any cars imported to the US had these systems, but the US Hella division said they were not a US product as far as they knew. May be they just gave me the easy answer. Thanks for the help.

Mike
Old 03-25-2006, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra 5.0 FI
Not Ranked     

Hello Everyone,

This thread has been pretty dead for awhile. How's everyone doing. Here in Wisconsin we are certainly looking forward to spring and the show\cruise season again.

Tom,
I just saw a 1996, # 177 for sale at Harry Kaufmans. It's solid red, no stripes and has 16,000 miles on it. Apparently it came from Washington State, and the salesman claims it's the last production one made. It is just beautiful and in great shape. Can you believe I forgot to ask the price?

Hope everyone is doing well, and so are their cars.

Doug
Old 03-25-2006, 10:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraduke
Aloys,
Were these systems used on other cars in Germany? If so, are there any used ones available? I think if I could buy a used control box (on firewall under the dash) and the matching keys, I could replace the control box and use the matching keys. I am going to ask Hella if any cars imported to the US had these systems, but the US Hella division said they were not a US product as far as they knew. May be they just gave me the easy answer. Thanks for the help.

Mike
According to HELLA this was an aftermarket system, never put in any serial car. You would have to hunt around in junkyards to find parts....
Old 04-04-2006, 12:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hella Immobilizer

Aloys,
Thanks for the help. I'll keep looking here and let you know if I find any parts. Let me know if you find anything in Germany. I've been watching your weather, seems to be still cold and damp. It is getting hot here. I guess I need to get my air conditioning system working for the really hot months. Right now if feels like a nice June in Germany.

Mike
Old 04-10-2006, 10:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default excalibur-m123027

my dad bought this car in the early spring of 1995 and it is titled as a 1994 car. he bought it a ford dealership in quincy il. as i recall he was told that the car had been ordered thru the dealership by someone and a deposit was put down of 10,000. when the car arrived the man who had ordered it couldnot take delivery for some reason. my dad traded a new ford ranger and another ten grand for the car .(a total of $32,000). my dad died in jan of 1997. and the car went to my brother who still has it.he lives in Minier, illinois and i live in Bloomington just 25 miles away so i get to see and play with the car often.
i dont have any pics of the car that i can upload at this time but i will get some soon. ( just got a new cam). the car is guards red with white strips, black leather interior, has a soft top that has only been on the car 4x, chrome side pipes, bumpers, roll bar and mirriors. am/fm cassette player , classic guages, kelsy/hayes wheels(no heater though) i think the car has about 3000 miles on it at this time. it is a 5.0 F.I. engine , standard transmission. i dont think i've left anything out. my brother and i ar both car nutz and we have other muscle cars but we both agree that this one is the most fun to drive and play with. no high maintence , no break downs and a whole lot of fun! we have wondered about the excaliburs, cause we've never seen another one. we have looked at a lot of other "KIT CARS', an none of them compare to the excalibur as far as quality of the build and the lines and the stance of the car is above many of the othe cobras out there. there is a guy here in town that has an original ford cobra that his dad bought new in '6 4 and it is in top shape but is not as nice as the excalibur. i hope this helps in your quest for a registry and we would be interested in the outcome. thanx for being here.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Great Car

Couldn't agree more about the Excalibur Cobra. I've had mine for only a couple of months, but it has already proven to be the most entertaining car I've ever owned. Look forward to seeing some photos. Mine is ...123149, a '96, same paint as yours, but tan soft parts, also has heat and AC. If your was delivered without a heater/defroster, it might have been a special order with that deleted, might be the same for the wheels. Thanks for joining the site and this thread. Mine is pictured in my photo gallery.

Mike
Old 04-27-2006, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur for sale on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other...spagenameZWDVW
Old 05-05-2006, 11:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Had my cars 2-year inspection done yesterday, no problems. One little problem has started and will have to be fixed at the end of the season: the bushings of the lower front A-arms will have to be replaced. Has anyone ever done this and knows which manufacturer this part comes from?
Old 05-07-2006, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dous anyone know where I can get a replacement for the strap that hols the heat shield to the chrome pipes on the exhast system? The one I broke was in the forward position.

So many pedestrians, so little time.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Parts for Excaliburs

Aloys and MilwDoug,

I'll bet Classic Roadsters has both your parts. The control arms for their CR427 are the same, could be the same for the exhaust. They are closed until 21 May, but you can send them an email now or call them 22 May.

Mike
Old 05-15-2006, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Mike. Do you have their e-mail address or phone number?

Doug
Old 05-16-2006, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Classic Roadsters Contact Info

Doug,
Go to www.classicroadsters.com and take a look there. I don't have the specific info with me today. You want to talk or email Pete or Don. Let me know if they can supply what you are looking for (I might need the same part someday)

Mike
Old 05-28-2006, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra #273, 427 S/O, ERA GT-40 #2057, Excalibur Cobra.
Not Ranked     
Default Pricing Guide - - -

A Mechanic Who Has Been Working On My Cars Has Been "busting My Chops" Wanting To Buy My Excalibur.

The Only Reason I Would Consider Selling It Is That We Have A Three Car Garage - Now Holding The Era Cobra, Era Gt-40 And The Excalibur. We Are Just About To Get Our Track Car Back From The Shop And I Really Don't Want To Have A 40k Plus Track Car Parked In The Driveway.

I Have Absolutely No Idea What The Car Is Worth. Any Suggestions Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

It's A 1995 EXcalibur With The Following Features:

** 302 H.o. Engine. Stock Except For A Hypertech Chip And Msd Ingition Box.

** 4aode Automatic Transmission Modified By Dana Briscoe. (very Quick & Very Firm).

** Air Conditioning (i Know - A Real Sissie Car).

** Custom Hard Top - Fitted & Installed By Ed Combs. (double Venom).

** 20,000 Easy (and Very Comfortable Miles On It)

** Brand New Headers And Side Pipes - Silver Ceramic Coated. All The Weird Cat Converters And Convoluted Exhaust Stuff Is Gone.

** Four Point Simpson Race Type Seat Belts & Shoulder Harness.

** Big - Super Bright - Hella Diving Lights. (i Mean - You Stand In Front Of These Suckers When Lit And You Won't Have Any More Kids).

** Two Talbot 4 Inch Mirrors And Cobra Hood Latches Installed.

** Original Haartz Cloth Soft Top And Haartz Cloth Tonneau Cover As Well.

** Ford 9 Inch Limited Slip Rear End.

** Registered As A 1966 Cobra Replica In Virginia.

PHOTOS IN MY GALLERY.

Like I Said - I Love The Car - And I'm Not Sure That I Even Want To Sell It. If He Keeps Pushing Me I May Have A Weak Moment And Would Like To Be Able To Give Him A Price.

Thanks Very Much - - And - -

Y'all Have A Really Great Day.

Blackjack

Last edited by BLACKJACK; 05-28-2006 at 03:03 PM..
Old 05-28-2006, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default My $.02

Blackjack,

1. Sell the others and keep the one you love to DRIVE. They still make the others, but not any more Excaliburs.

2. That said, if mental instability takes a firm hold and you give him a price, the six I've seen sell in the last six months or so have been in the $33-$40 K range. In my opinion, yours is in the top part of that range. The last one that I know of, xxx177 VIN, was sold by Harry Kaufmann (dealer in vintage cars) and my guess is that it went for over $40 K with 16 K miles. Nice car with a late (probably the last) regular VIN. Your car is comparable in condition and some of its features are very rare (built 4AODE, awsome hardtop, sorted exhaust, 9 inch, BLACK). Call Harry and see what he thinks they are worth and where they are going. I read in Kit Car the new Excalibur effort is not happening, more reason to prize your Excalibur.

3. Take some deep breaths, sell one of your garage queens that you don't drive often and keep the black beauty- seriously!

Mike
Old 05-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The 9" is nice, many of the later ones came with the smaller 8.8. The smaller unit is certainly fine and more than strong enough, just accentuating the positive aspects of the car. The hardtop and the AC are also really nice options. I'd say your Excal would be near the top of the food chain. I got $35K for mine, some time back, with less options AND 'needed some work'. I'd say yours is worth more than that today!

Of course the 'new' Excalibur is yet another 'replica' (add your own engine\trans) competing against a fairly large market supply of similar cars.

The 'real' original Excals are unique in that they were "Federally Approved". There actually listed in a special edition of "Kelly Blue Book" as to their value. When I sold mine the buyers Credit Union looked the car up in the 'Blue Book' to determine value to loan ratio. They can be insured and bank financed like any 'used car'. It's MUCH tougher to get bank financing\insurance for any other replica! I doubt we will EVER see a 'Federally approved' replica Cobra in the future by ANYBODY!

Assuming the 'smog' gear is in place you could register it in Calif just like any other 1995 car. In my opinion, that FACT alone increases the 'sale ability' of an Excal to a higher level. It would be worth it, for a Calif buyer, to return the car to original specs. The fact it COULD be Calif legal 'adds value' to ANY owner\seller\buyer because the Calif market potential is a HUGE factor come resale time. Something I would impress on a potential buyer regardless of what State he lived in.

Last edited by Excaliber; 06-03-2006 at 02:30 PM..
Old 05-29-2006, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Jack,

The one that Harry Kaufman just sold, I believe went for $41,000. Probably in the high range, but with your car I would accept nothing less. My vote is to keep it, but it's your car and your garage. Hell, just buy a lift. You know, it's only money, they give it to you where you work (or used to work).

Doug