14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2001, 11:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     

What he said!!!

I did visit the new plant and they were more than friendly.

Love my car and highly recommend EM to anyone looking to get a Cobra!!!!!
Old 11-03-2001, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Everette Morrison was one of the most up front companies I have delt with. They made changes I wanted in my E-M with out blinking & at a cost that was less than their developement cost.........I visited many factories & look at & talked to owners for over a year before I chose E-M. They are a low key friendly family that have a hard time keeping up w/orders & (my guess) do not want too get involved in a legal disput that they are not involved with. They did not build this car, the owner of the car went to a builder whose quality was unknown at the time to save money & he got burnt. If E-M had would of built the car you would not of had these problems . I built one myself @ found that E-M's quality is EXCELANT..........Don Ps I don't normally answer to these type of post, but this has been going on for too long & i'm sure there were mistakes made on both sides. I would like to hear the final outcome but not every every detail. LETS TALK CARS
Old 11-03-2001, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra - RCR GT40
Not Ranked     

Don,

If you want to talk cars, go to the "All Cobra Talk" or "Shop Talk" section of the forum. This thread is properly located in the "Consumer Watch" area and I think it's all very relevant information for anyone who may be considering a purchase and is wrestling with manufacturer and/or builder decisions. I went with E-M also and I've never regretted it, but Santiago has what appears to be a legitimate gripe and I think he has presented his case fairly and without malice. I think if you go back and reread the thread you'll see that his primary gripe is with Cavaliere, not with E-M. He has repeatedly stated that he believes in E-M's product, but where he finds fault with them is in their initial endorsement of Cavaliere and subsequent refusal to help after Cavaliere apparently butchered the build (as claimed by Santiago). Don't you find it even a little disturbing that E-M would not at least offer to look into Santiago's claims?? I do.

Some manufacturers, like Unique Motorcars (also a small family run business), have stepped up to the plate in similar situations and I for one admire them for it. It's good for business and it constitutes the "right thing to do"!

I've said enough,

Mike
Old 11-03-2001, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing - High-performance 5.0-liter, four-valve Ti-VCT engine, 420 horsepower @ 6500 rpm.
Not Ranked     
Default Exactly my point...

Good morning all. I read the last few postings - as responses to mine (from 427sharpe, Dennis Mosley and Don Meyer) and as I'm beginning to think "Don't these guys get my point???!!! Am I not clear in what I'm saying???!!! Then, I read the next entry from "Mike I" and realize that Mike has gotten EVERY point I've made.

So if any of you have a doubt about what I'm claiming, or complaining about, please read Mike I's response.

Mike, you are right on the money with your train of thought. thank you for your support

Since I could not have said it better, and adding anything to Mike's message would be overkill, I'll leave at that. Please, read his posting.

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-03-2001, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     
Default I'll second that...

I agree with Mike I and Santiago. Since I personally read through the reams of documents Santiago collected, it is safe to say....

1) Cavaliere (recommended by E-M) took the exceptionally well made E-M Cobra kit and hacked it up beyond belief using junkyard parts.

2) When Santago got nowhere with Cavaliere, he went to Brett Everett and complained about the builder HE recommended. Brett turned deaf and dumb.

...not very customer focused if you ask me.

poor build (Cavaliere), poor service (E-M)
Old 11-03-2001, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I indeed understand our points Santiago I just disagree with some of them.

When I hire a "sub-contractor", no matter who recommended them to me, it becomes my responsibility to "supervise" that sub-contractor. If I want the manufacturer to be resopnsable for that them I will let them do the job...if they provide that service.

I needed the services of a roofer last week for my house. A friend of mine just had his roof done so I asked for a recommendation. If that friend of mine recommends a service provider (roofer) to me because they have had good luck with them in the past and I use them and get crappy service, it's not my friends fault. I would tell my friend what happended but the fact still remains that my friend did get good service and may still recommend but I would not. (this did happen)

EM does build cars and if they had hacked up your kit I would be right behind you 100%. However you chose to go with a different builder. Your gripe as I think you have stated is with that builder.

It would have been very nice for EM to see if they could do someting but by no means their responsibility. And I will state once again they give great customer service. If I ever build another cobra(and I'm thinking about it), it will be an EM. I have had great customer service from the first time I talked to Bob to the time Buford took my order, to the time Brett took me on a tour of the shop to this very day.

My two cents.
Old 11-03-2001, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

When I ordered my E-M kit in1997 I asked if there was a near by builder where I could ask some questions about his thoughts on rear suspensions( I had the front picked out,but had not settled on a rear s). Bret said they DO NOT recommend builders ,but there was a person that was at lunch & would pick up a kit he was building for a 3rd party. He showed up at that minute. He had a very friendly personality & was fixed on his answer which was leaf springs. I did not like his choice. I visited his garage operation & some of his work was impressive, but some was margial...........just my personal thoughts.
I feel very bad about the outcome, but I still can not help but wonder why this is going on unsettled this long. It would seem that a case with this much info available should be able to be settled........Don,PhD-M.E. (I do not want to contribute to the length of this thread so this is my final comment)God bless
Old 11-04-2001, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I finished my EM cobra about 6 months ago and could not have been more pleased about selecting their kit. They are good honest straight forward people and were helpful in every way. Infact they helped a 54 year old professional, who in no way was a mechanic, build a cobra from frame up and enjoy every second of it. They were always there when I needed them and still are. I consider Bob and Brett as friends and still call just to keep in touch. I can say the same thing about George Anderson and Neil at Gessford Machine who built my engine. All of these people made building my cobra everything I wanted it to be and more. Having this club to post questions was also a lot of help.
Old 11-04-2001, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question

Santiago still waiting for pictures.

"It's Gods responsibility to forgive Bin Laden"
"It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting"
United States Marine Corps.

NYPD & NYFD. Gone, but no forgotten.
My Buildpage
Old 11-05-2001, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Guys (Don, Dennis, willyscj),

I don't want to beat the proverbial dead horse here, but you're still missing the point. You are all obviously staunch E-M supporters, as am I, and I would enjoy getting together with any or all of you at any time to extol the virtues of E-M's fine product and nice people, but this thread has nothing to do with E-M's quality, craftsmanship, design, personal courtesy or kindness to animals. It has everything to do with standing by a customer, no matter what the legal obligation is. Santiago has never said that E-M should be held responsible for what Cavaliere did to his car, nor has anyone else suggested that either. What it all comes down to is that Santiago turned to E-M for some help to use their leverage against Cavaliere in order to make things right. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but that seems like a perfectly legitimate thing to ask of the manufacturer since it would have involved E-M minimally and perhaps could have affected an amicable solution.

Had E-M done nothing more than investigate Santiago's claims, maybe made a few phone calls on his behalf and then eventually determine that they could offer no more help, I think Santiago would have been satisfied that at least they tried to help to some degree and we would not be having this discussion. Instead, E-M would not even return his calls and refused to take any action on his part whatsoever. That in itself speaks volumes about the character and integrity of the people involved.

My 10 cents worth (inflation),

Mike
Old 11-05-2001, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Creeper,

There WERE pictures posted somewhere. I think they may have been kn the Tri State club site or mrmustangs or Roscoes. I'll try and track them down.
Old 11-05-2001, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Creeper,

I can't find the link.

Give me your email address and I'll send you the pics, I have copies.
Old 11-05-2001, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

John,

Hayadoon!

I never had any pics but would like to see them.

Roscoe
Old 11-05-2001, 10:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Yo Roscoe.....

Naw....how YOU doin?????

...you've got mail!
Old 11-05-2001, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John,

I'm sorry to be a pest, but could you send those pix to me as well? Thx

Mike
Old 11-05-2001, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Mike...

...I need your email address since I'll have to send it outside of the forum.
Old 11-05-2001, 11:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John,

I thought that's what the e-mail button at the bottom of each post is for. My e-mail address is listed on my profile and clicking the e-mail button should allow you to send to my address. At any rate, I sent my address to you via the very mysterious e-mail feature Brent has blessed us with...

Thx,

Mike
Old 11-05-2001, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,

I like you, I don't want to beat the proverbial dead horse here, but as I said in my post, I am not missing the point. I just disagree with the thought that EM "SHOULD" have gotten involved. I think it would have been great if they did but I don't feel they had to or that their character is in question because they chose not to.

A turn key car could have been bought from EM and then I would say they would have to fix it. A decision was made to use a builder other than EM. That decision sadly ended with a car that is not as good as it should be.

Anyone that would build a car for someone and not give them an A+ class job, should be taken behind the wood shed but not the people that supplied perfectly good parts.

Once again, I see your point we just agree to disagree. Thats ok, I don't agree with me all the time either.

If you are ever in this neck of the woods look me up. We can talk Cobras.

Dennis.
Old 11-05-2001, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing - High-performance 5.0-liter, four-valve Ti-VCT engine, 420 horsepower @ 6500 rpm.
Not Ranked     

Mike, you might as well take over the thread... You're doing better than I, sir : - )

You are so "right on" with your comments.

Again, I have nothing to add to your post - other than Yes to every point you make.

Santiago.
Old 11-05-2001, 05:04 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Only found two pictures in my archives:

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS