Keith Craft Racing
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2005, 04:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Long Post:::

WHAT SENATOR JOHN GLENN SAID:
Things that make you think a little........

1. There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during January.... In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.
2. When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following:
a. FDR...led us into World War II.
b. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.
From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.
c. Truman...finished that war and started one in Korea . North
Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.
d. John F. Kennedy. ..started the Vietnam conflict in
1962. Vietnam never attacked us. e. Johnson...turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

f. Clinton ..went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked> us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.
g. In the years since terrorists attacked us President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban,crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya , Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.
The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound.
That was a 51-day operation.
We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for
less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.
It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to
destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chapaquiddick
It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!
Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB! The Military morale is high!
The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts.

But Wait, there's more......................
JOHN GLENN (ON THE SENATE FLOOR)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:13
Some people still don't understand why military personnel do what they do for a living. This exchange between Senators John Glenn and Senator Howard Metzenbaum is worth reading. Not only is it a pretty impressive impromptu speech, but it's also a good example of one man's explanation of why men and
women in the armed services do what they do for a living.

This IS a typical, though sad, example of what some who have never served think of the military.
Senator Metzenbaum (speaking to Senator Glenn):
"How can you run for Senate when you've never held a real job?"
Senator Glenn (D-Ohio): "I served 23 years in the United States Marine Corps. I served through two wars. I flew 149 missions. My plane was hit by anti-aircraft fire on 12 different occasions. I was in the space program. It wasn't my checkbook, Howard; it was my life on the line. It was not a nine-to-five job, where I took time off to take the daily cash receipts to the bank." "I ask you to go with me ... as I went the other day... to a veteran's hospital and look those men - with their mangled bodies - in the eye, and
tell THEM they didn't hold a job! You go with me to the Space Program at NASA and go, as I have gone, to the widows and Orphans of Ed White, Gus Grissom and Roger Chaffee... and you look those kids in the eye and tell them that their DADS didn't hold a job. You go with me on Memorial Day and you stand in Arlington National Cemetery , where I have more friends buried
than I'd like to remember, and you watch those waving flags. You stand there, and you think about this nation, and you tell ME that those people didn't have a job? I'll tell you, Howard Metzenbaum; you should be on your knees every day of your life thanking God that there were some men SOME MEN - who held REAL jobs. And they required a dedication to a purpose - and a love of country and a dedication to duty - that was more important than life itself. And their self-sacrifice is what made this country possible.

I HAVE held a job, Howard! What about you?"

For those who don't remember -
During W.W.II, Howard Metzenbaum was an attorney representing the Communist Party in the USA . Now he's a Senator!

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in English thank a Veteran.
It might not be a bad idea to keep this circulating....

MSG David S Brooks
MS National Guard CounterDrug Task Force
Intelligence Analyst
Drug Enforcement Administration
100 W Capitol St, STE 1213, Jackson, MS 39269
E-mail: david.s.brooks@usdoj.gov

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-23-2005, 05:31 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

You're right... it is a long one.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:50 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

And a very informative one....we all need to send Messenbomb (misspelle on porpoise) an e-mail supporting John Glenn!!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Sorry, I couldn't figure any way to shorten it without losing some of the meaning and content.

Ron

Old 03-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

No need for apolgies Ron
Old 03-24-2005, 01:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Great post Ron, thanks for sharing. Too bad more people aren't
exposed to reality.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

On a lighter note !!!

Go back to1957
Comments made in the year 1957:

"I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $20."

"Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long before $2000 will only buy a used one."

"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is ridiculous."

"Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter?"

"If they raise the minimum wage to $1, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store."

"When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 29 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage."

"Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their hair as long as the girls."

"I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they let Clark Gable get by with saying 'damn' in 'Gone With The Wind,' it seems every new movie has either "hell" or "damn" in it.

"I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the century. They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas"

"Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $75,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the president."

"I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They are even making electric typewriters now."

"It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to work to make ends meet."

"It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work."

"Marriage doesn't mean a thing any more; those Hollywood stars seem to be getting divorced at the drop of a hat"

"I'm just afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a whole lot of foreign business."

"Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the Government takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to congress."

"The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on."

"There is no sense going to Lincoln or Omaha anymore for a weekend. It costs nearly $15 a night to stay in a hotel."

"No one can afford to be sick any more; $35 a day in the hospital is too rich for my blood."

"If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it."

" No way would I ever pay $4K for a new car."

Ron

Old 03-24-2005, 05:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Amazing how things have changed in the last 48 years.
Add in cel phones, internet, and all the different 400 + hp
cars available today - and yes they do cost more than $4k!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Flip,

Some TVs cost more than $4K now. Boy, how things have changed. Some shows on TV make the R rated ones of a few years ago loook mild.

Ron

Old 03-24-2005, 07:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,

Roger that. Not to mention some of the commercials and the side
effects of their use!
Old 03-24-2005, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Its red (or Blue) with a 427 and completely fictional.
Not Ranked     

What are you old geezers rambling about now?

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 03-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Mike,

Discussing teen agers. Trying to get a Govt. grant to do a study to see if there is such a thing. And if so, should they be considered a life form.

Ron

Old 03-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Trying to tell a teenager anything is like trying to teach a "PIG" to "FLY".....Your wasting your time and annoying the "H _ _ _ " out of the "PIG".
Old 03-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

Hey Mike,

Anything else we can help you with?

Ron

Old 03-24-2005, 11:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Im only a teen in age, I FEEL more like 30-40 (AKA Senile )

I know how to make a pig fly... Strap a jet engine on it, fire it up and wal-la, you have yourself one flying pig. No teaching nessiSCARY. (I meant for it to be spelled like that.)

Or, if you like things done fast, shove a few sticks of dynamite up it's @ss, light the fuse, and run like he!! It won't be in one piece, but it WILL fly.

I WANTED to be in school today, but we have SPRING break until tuesday. Anyone care to guess why?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bored.

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE

Last edited by LwCwb; 03-24-2005 at 03:47 PM..
Old 03-24-2005, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

When I was in college my physics professor got to talking about this very subject. He was in NAM and needed to get some fresh meat to the troops. They decided pork and chickens were easy to come by, so that was the selcted food.

Now, all they had to do was to figure out just how to get it to the troops without killing them, the troops that is. They came up with the idea of simply pushing the pigs and chickens out of a cargo plane from various heights.

Now we all know pigs can't fly so the troops really didn't need to do much cleaning. They simply cut off some of the pieces and cooked it.

The chickens fared a little better. But as you know chickens can't fly either. To hear him tell these stories was so increadibly funny. We were all in tears as we watched him act out the poor chickens trying to fly.

The pig story was not near as interesting. But on that day in history........ pigs really did fly. Staight to the ground.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy (???) scene.

Ok, We were flying in a plane one fair day. We were flying at half the speed of smell when the captain came on and said that we had lost both engines. Now, the guy next to me starts screaming 'Oh my god, oh my god, we're all going to die!" Obviously, this guy has a lot to live for. He
leans over and asks me if we were going to make it. I said, "Oh, we're going to make it alright. All the way to the scene of the crash. The way I figure, we'll beat the paramedics there by at LEAST a half an hour."

Those pigs flew alright, all the way to the scene of the crash.

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 03-24-2005, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

A college English teacher challenged her class:

"Write me the shortest of short stories- preferably one paragraph- that includes religion, sex, and mystery. The shortest gets an A+"

The winner?

"Oh, God, I'm pregnant. I wonder who it was?"

UT
Old 03-25-2005, 03:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

UT,

Great answer and deserved the A+.

Ron

Old 03-25-2005, 09:13 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Ahh yes, a four day weekend.

To savor the sleepin and mid-morning coffee.

Hows it?