7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
View Poll Results: Who will win the race - March 8, LV Speedway
The 458 Italia is unbeatable, wins all 3 22 17.32%
The 458 Italia is beatable, and loses 1 37 29.13%
The 458 Italia is beatable, and loses 2 or 3 14 11.02%
The 458 Italia is beatable, but the Cobra's driver isn't good enough, so it loses all 3 31 24.41%
The Italia's driver messes up, so it loses at least 1 23 18.11%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Might be the 458 will be the Challenge model, note the changes:

" The V8 engine has remained the same, but important modifications have been made to the gear ratios and calibration of its dual-clutch F1 gearbox to guarantee higher torque at lower revs. "

" Ferrari’s main focus was to reduce the car’s weight. To do that the company used lightweight materials, such as carbon-fiber and Lexan for both exterior and interior. The new 458 Challenge also has a specific suspension set-up with solid aluminum bushings, stiffer springs, single-rate dampers, center-nut 19” racing rims, larger dimension Pirelli slicks and a ride height lowered by 30mm all round. "

" The 458 Challenge also gets a new F1-Trac traction control system that constantly monitors levels of grip for maximum high-performance road-holding. Two specific track-biased calibrations – wet and dry - have been developed for this application, with control logic and strategies derived from Ferrari’s extensive racing experience in the F1 and GT championships. "

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...e-ar93486.html
Old 02-04-2011, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The race is real. No spam here. Gonna be exciting to watch.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I need a break from winter weather and Vegas is nice this time of year. When is this going down again?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Feb 26 I believe it said somewhere in this thread. Check out youtube, "Cobra road course." Ramthisdodge.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Keith- I can appreciate the position your in about not being able to give out any details on the engine. But can you answer just ONE question?
......Did your shop build the engine?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

Keith, a while back if my memory serves me correctly, I read somewhere, maybe at RnG a couple of years ago, where you ran your Kirkham in the 10s. Was that with a power adder or all motor? Billboards?
Old 02-04-2011, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     

If this is the car and owner/driver, It would apear that he has at least a little experience
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4njHCWskzo
Old 02-04-2011, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Hmmm..... Vegas guy, owns a Kirkham with KC motor, enough resources to throw out a big wager.

No chance he's sandbagging.

Tommy, good luck, but since this IS a Cobra forum, hope you don't mind if I root for the other side.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427sc
Not Ranked     

MotorCyclist magazine just ran a 458 Italia vs. a Ducati 1198S and the 458 ran 11.1 @ 125, with Motor Trend professional test driver. They said that on one end of the track they got "runaway wheelspin" so they ran the 1/4 the other direction...(road coarse so they could do that)
so much for launch control? what's that about.
Makes me want to fly to Vegas for the 25th of Feb! Hope everyone ends up safe.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

The sickest Cobra is Morris'
Is it that Cobra?

Last edited by JBCOBRA; 02-04-2011 at 01:07 PM..
Old 02-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Has to be a KC engine. I'm thinking that the Cobra will take two out of three.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

There is a recent thread about the Shelby 'Stang running against a new genuine Shelby Cobra. The Cobra ran a 12.9 ET in the 1/4. So, if that's any indication of a Shelby built motor, we better HOPE KC built this one!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithc8 View Post
I was ask to not get to descriptive and scare of anyone.
I am guessing it is the Venture Capital guy who made the request since if we all knew what he had in the power and gear ratio section and whatever else he was currently doing to his Cobra to gain that perceived edge, we would know his odds on of winning and advise Tommy he was indeed the underdog in this game and the "scare off anyone" would be in reference to our friend Tommy.

Think about it, having an absolute majority of folks on this site advise him he did not stand a chance of winning enables him to either go for it, hoping his buddy blows it on the shifts or decide to buy out and race another day.

Better than seeining his beloved Ferrari smoked big time and then having to pony up some heavy duty large.

My two cents worth.

Tommy, can you give us exact details of the event for those folks who want to be there and experience this event. I for one, am considering flying in from China to whitness this takedown.

Cheers, John, AKA tin-man
Old 02-04-2011, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ferrari 458 Italia (not quite a Cobra)
Not Ranked     

Hi all.

Enjoyed the further attempts to learn about the engine; I think the best shot is to send someone down to the shop in LV. I certainly don't mind anyone here rooting against me; wouldn't expect anything less. I think it's great fun. I'm speaking at a conference in LV on 2/23 and /24, so I think that's the most sensible time to run the race. Need to ship my car out by the 13th.

I still don't understand how someone like TM can doubt I exist, when anyone can PM me and come see the car. And this is the end of the rope for me on those claims. TM: you can't find a lawyer named Tom Gold in DC, and I can't find some named "tin-man" where you live. Could it possibly be that neither of our log-ins is our actual name? Just a wild thought. I'm Tom Goldstein, and I'm not at all hard to find. And I haven't been silent about the Cobra owner; where does that come from? I've said where he had the car garaged in LV, and that it's in a LV shop now, and what he told me about the engine, and I've said I'm not sending him to the forum because I don't want him to get an advantage.

Assuming that there isn't a repeat of the suggestion that this is inexplicably some kind of lie or scam, which I find really insulting, then as soon as I know the details of the race I'll gladly post them and hope that folks show up, and will do my level best to get video up, whatever the result. It should be a ton of fun.

-Tom

Last edited by tommygold; 02-04-2011 at 07:45 PM..
Old 02-04-2011, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302 powerdyne supercharged
Not Ranked     

Do we have any bookies on the forum? Whats the latest line? I'll take the cobra plus the points.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Assuming that there isn't a repeat of the suggestion that this is inexplicably some kind of lie or scam, which I find really insulting, then as soon as I know the details of the race I'll gladly post them and hope that folks show up, and will do my level best to get video up, whatever the result. It should be a ton of fun.

-Tom

There will always be doubters here, nothing you could do about it. The little battles and wars that go on here between members would astound you. Some guys leave pissed off never to return. When you stepped up to the plate, you gave many here a fresh reason to unite and root for the Cobra against the Ferrari (Cobra/Ferrari Wars Part.II). Good luck.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, SBF 351w (463 CI)
Not Ranked     

Tommy, thanks for sharing. Should be an interesting race, good luck!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Tommy, if you red light any of the 3 runs trying to cut a decent light at the launch, do you lose the bet? If so, that would be a tough handicap. Don't let any of the doubters bother you. I posted a video of my speedometer on youtube doing a 30-120 burst, and 2 people accused me of taping my speedo going downhill. There will always be doubters. Cheers.
Thomas

Last edited by twin turbo; 02-04-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Old 02-04-2011, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison
Not Ranked     

The same Tommy Gold?

Goldstein was named one of the nation's leading attorneys under the age of 40 by the National Law Journal. American Lawyer cited him as one of the top 45 attorneys under 45, and he was labeled one of the leading appellate lawyers in Washington, D.C. by Legal Times. Furthermore, Washingtonian named him one of the "six attorneys to watch in the 21st century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Goldstein

Good luck to both of you and stay stafe.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Check out Narraonline.com and select driver education and let the pictures roll. And yes... a red light is a loss.
70 Charger R/T
68 Mustang Coupe
32 Chevy Coupe

Last edited by Southern Shelby; 02-04-2011 at 09:17 PM..
Closed Thread