7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
View Poll Results: Who will win the race - March 8, LV Speedway
The 458 Italia is unbeatable, wins all 3 22 17.32%
The 458 Italia is beatable, and loses 1 37 29.13%
The 458 Italia is beatable, and loses 2 or 3 14 11.02%
The 458 Italia is beatable, but the Cobra's driver isn't good enough, so it loses all 3 31 24.41%
The Italia's driver messes up, so it loses at least 1 23 18.11%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default How many guys are willing to visit LV to see this race?

Just curious, its been one hellova a ride so far, lots of enthusiasm, albeit with some rancor back and forth, but genuine interest nonetheless. I am of the opinion Keith put a decidedly different spin on this when he said he was asked not to discuss the engine details but he knew of the car, this statement alone made it even more compelling. So concluding we'll hear some further details from Tom moving forward, how many of the club members are prepared to see this smack down in person? And just so you know, providing we don't have a buy out along the way, I'm in, I need apologize to Tom in person anyway.

Cheers, John AKA, tin-man
Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA, 425 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Tommy- I think it is fantastic that you are going to be enjoying your new toy and driving it the way it should be driven. To make things fair the Cobra should have at least some drag radial, then the race might get close.

Can you or the Cobra driver use a GoPro camera to film the event?

Thanks for bringing the topic to light on this forum and letting everyone banter back and forth about the race.

Justin
Old 02-05-2011, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatBuckley View Post
He is not only entitled to read it, he is free to state his opinion as to the veracity of the poster!

Who elected you HMIC?
Pat, I got the MIC, but H? tin-man
Old 02-05-2011, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2004 Kirkham 427 S/C, Shelby 496C.I.
Not Ranked     

H = Head M I C
Old 02-05-2011, 09:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
H = Head M I C
Racer X Thanks, now I done be edukated. tin-man
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I didn't read the previous 5 pages, but my mate did 10.6 with a 428cui in Germany, fuel injected and not too radical engine. Ever since he battles to do the same time, even though he has plenty of drag time. Under 11 often, but 10.5 not...

He uses slicks and is no stranger to high speed, even though we are looking at only 130mph top speed, or so.

I want to hear the result!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKmRdxaqukE

This is the 10.9, I can't find the 10.6 video (maybe on his website?)

Last edited by Dominik; 02-05-2011 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: added link, more info
Old 02-05-2011, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2920 w/ Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

If the guy’s running a 13.4 quarter, safety will be a big concern. Having put about 1500 miles on my KC powered SPF this past summer, I ‘m just scratching the surface on what it takes to drive one. There is obvious correlation between the distance the gas pedal is pressed, and the number of degrees the back end comes around. Add adrenaline and pressure…hope the Cobra stays in it’s lane.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302 powerdyne supercharged
Not Ranked     

Looks like the thread on ferrari chat is starting to get some bites.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-427 stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Hey Tom Goldstein

Hello,
I live in the DC metro area and would like to meet with you if possible. I want to loan you a GoPro HD camera to use to film the race. Let me know if you are interested.
David A.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This has been one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read ! But remembering my days growing up in Detroit street racing , it seems like Tom has been baited and drawn in ! It happens quite often in high stakes street racing . The cobra driver has played it perfectly. All he needs is 1 win or fault on Tom's part and he wins . My side bet money would be on the cobra !
Old 02-05-2011, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ferrari 458 Italia (not quite a Cobra)
Not Ranked     

Hi David. I was just getting ready to say that I don't have the camera when I saw your message. Absolutely, PM me.

And all, my buddy has now seen the forum and is eating it up.

Thanks, Tom
Old 02-05-2011, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Tom,
You tell your buddy to get on the Ferrari forum to get his info.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Tom,

Like a lot of us here, I have been following this thread with great interest and want to wish both you and your buddy a safe and fun race. I was at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway recently for some drag races and it looks to be a great facility. Sounds like it will be quite a show, thanks for keeping us posted. Best of luck to you guys.

- Tim
Old 02-05-2011, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham
Neutral     

You guys asked for it I am here! Great thread, this **** is really entertaining. After receiving Goldstien's 500 **** talking messages a day and hearing all of your quotes about how he is going to beat my ass, its good to be in the discussion. So Tommy has laid it out exactly how it is, bet started from him talking **** about my girl wanting to bang him b/c of his new ride and how I was gonna have to wait to years to get mine to me telling him I would blow his doors off in my cobra. This then turned into a bet. At the time of making the bet I had only driven my car 20 miles in the last year. I had previously done a few days of "driving school"/racing at sebring road course, which is the first time I had ever been on a track and almost died numerous times. I had previously had a f430(totaled it in 3 weeks of driving) and the shelby was way faster. So i figured i had him in the bag, then i hear about his sophisticated launch control system and that his car beats the enzo and only lost to a 1200 ducati by 1 second etc. After this point having never drag raced or done a 1/4 mile race in any car in my life i started to get a little nervous. So I took my car out to test the time, I had a buddy in a truck measure off 1/4 mile on his odometer and i dragged it nearly killing my self the 2nd time. I then went out again and timed it and i was running high 13's, this was pretty ****ing ****ty esp since i missed 3rd gear half of my runs. I had to take valium to sleep while receiving intermittent **** talking texts from Tom. I just finished driving today for the 2nd time since we made the bet and the g meter was messed up but my buddy who is good at dragging said i was below 13s. I am getting better, but its hard to drive this car out here, and I wont be able to get behind the wheel till after im done partying for superbowl weekend. I have tried to get to the drag strip but they wont let me out there till the 15th or 16th. My car is definitely capable of beating him as my motor is supposed to make over 600 horse power, the hard part is getting that to the wheels where i can use it. I offered tommy boy a buy out today after his confidence seemed a little shot and he told me to stick it up my ass, so I guess we will find out when the rubber meets the road. I have a kirkham cobra that weighs like 2200 lbs and has a 427 side oiler making over 600 hp, so i would say that this race is like if he had a mastercraft ski boat and was racing a 15 ft aluminum fishing boat with a 200 hp motor, the fishing boat is capable of winning as long as you don't wreck the ****er trying to do it. I have real mans car, no paddle shifting bull****, no launch control, no power steering, no abs breaks, no traction control, and no air bags... I think my balls are bigger than yours tommy boy, but we will see....
Old 02-05-2011, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The thread gets better . Read it through , lots of tips . I'd get some practice at the strip , it's different than the street . There will be alot going on in your guys heads , you'll need to focus . All you need is for him to screw up once . Practice , practice , practice . My moneys still on the cobra.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

I was planning a shopping/getaway trip to Miami but I just told Wifey I am seriously thinking of flying to Vegas instead to take in the race. Regardless of the outcome it could end up being a blast.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 02-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Are you at liberty to say what the specs are of your engine? Did Keith Craft build it?

I love Ferrari's and I own a Kirkham, which I dearly love, but my brain tells me the Ferrari will win. Tom could hit mid-12's, make a mistake or two, and still beat you with you in the 13's.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Can I be the starter ... please, please, please???!!! My money's on the Fazazz, but eagerly awaiting the outcome.

My SBF Austin-Healey build:
http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?13,8264
Old 02-05-2011, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     

As pointed out earlier, there may be some issues with safety equipment. I am not up on the rule book but I believe a roll bar (NHRA certified) is required for topless cars running 12.99 or faster. Will the Kirkham bar pass if necessary? Will it pass the "stick test" if applicable? If disqualification occurs how does that impact the bet?
Closed Thread