Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree300Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2015, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Looking forward to meeting you this weekend Gav. That is the funniest thing I've read in here for months! Gold!

Gav likes this.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
...blah blah..

...LS motors on the other hand will produce 1000 hp extra by just wiping the rocker covers with a rag and they are teaching pre schoolers how to use HP Tuners to tune up their Mums Club Sport wagon after they have done a cam swap for her.
That is true - I seen it on the internets...

Aussie Mike, Gav, Marlox and 1 others like this.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

All he needs is the race suit and that my friends is what Cornetto looks like in the flesh.
Hoity likes this.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
All he needs is the race suit and that my friends is what Cornetto looks like in the flesh.
Talks like him too :-)
Hoity likes this.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Puckett 250 GTO - LS1
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoity View Post
Rang the wreckers today, FPV 335kw 6 speed man being sold off for parts, Motor/gearbox 18k, can import brand new for $17.5k not including gst and postage

Thought that was a bit steep for 2012 60000klm

I bought a Statutory Write-Off at a salvage auction. I had the whole thing stripped in three weeks (wife imposed limit) and got close on half the auction cost back by selling the unwanted bits on eBay. There are quite a few items other than the engine and gearbox that can be used, e.g. loom, ecu, diff, emission gear, cats, brakes, including booster, pedal box and master cylinders, even fuel tank and filler hoses Lots of stuff that are often a hidden cost when trying to work out an initial budget.

Go to a couple of auctions where they are selling what you want (or register on-line) and see what is the going rate.
messy and Hoity like this.

Last edited by PeterAllen; 09-29-2015 at 11:41 PM..
Old 09-29-2015, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427 SSL
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAllen View Post
I bought a Statutory Write-Off at a salvage auction. I had the whole thing stripped in three weeks (wife imposed limit) and got close on half the auction cost back by selling the unwanted bits on eBay. There are quite a few items other than the engine and gearbox that can be use, e.g. loom, ecu, diff, emission gear, cats, brakes, including pedal box and master cylinders, even fuel tank and filler hoses Lots of stuff that are often a hidden cost when trying to work out an initial budget.

Go to a couple of auctions where they are selling what you want (or register on-line) and see what is the going rate.
I did the same. On-line auction. Stripped an SS ommodore, kept all wiring, engine, gearbox, diff, ECU etc. Sold most of the balance and that virtually paid for what I needed. End result was line-ball.
Hoity likes this.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy17 View Post
A new LSA for $11k with 430kw in a 1150kg (give or take) plastic bodied hot rod resembling a 60's car with a custom built chassis made of modern day materials, built for right hand drive using (most likely) digital gauges and wiring , anti theft measures, non cross ply tyres, possible gas shocks, retractable seat belts ......... It really is a no brainer when you look at it like this.
Hoity - you'd need to start a new thread ..."I want a Corvette, how and why"

Cheers,
Glen
Hoity likes this.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjkrv8 View Post
Talks like him too :-)
I have one thing to say my dried fruity friend......

Old 09-29-2015, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: kenmer
Not Ranked     

Hoity, I built a Kenmer and it was one of the most enjoyable things I have ever done. My car stayed there throughout the build and I never had an issue. I would build another if time permitted. Happy to chat with you mate if you like.
Hoity likes this.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Here's Gav and Andrew at the Nationals

boxhead, Tenrocca, Gav and 2 others like this.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAllen View Post
I bought a Statutory Write-Off at a salvage auction. I had the whole thing stripped in three weeks (wife imposed limit) and got close on half the auction cost back by selling the unwanted bits on eBay. There are quite a few items other than the engine and gearbox that can be use, e.g. loom, ecu, diff, emission gear, cats, brakes, including pedal box and master cylinders, even fuel tank and filler hoses Lots of stuff that are often a hidden cost when trying to work out an initial budget.

i did the same thing i bought a ve calais and kept the engine box loom ecu diff and cats all can be used in the pace .
i then sold the leather interior exhaust system stereo with the gps the mags and finally the complete shell .
the car was straight and not classed as a write of just was missing one gaurd and headlight . by the time i sold what i duid not need my engine /box looms ecu cats and diff centre owed me just on 3 grand car had just done over 60.000 ks .its another option of getting what you need

cheers dean
Hoity likes this.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Hoity - you'd need to start a new thread ..."I want a Corvette, how and why"

Cheers,
Glen
I hear you glen, i just think its great to have so many holden/chev guys passionate about a ford car!

Anyone can have a corvette, but a cobra well...
Old 09-29-2015, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny s View Post
Hoity, I built a Kenmer and it was one of the most enjoyable things I have ever done. My car stayed there throughout the build and I never had an issue. I would build another if time permitted. Happy to chat with you mate if you like.
Hey Benny, that would be great. I will send a PM.
cheers
jon
Old 09-29-2015, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I hear you glen, i just think its great to have so many holden/chev guys passionate about a ford car!

Anyone can have a corvette, but a cobra well...
I think you will find that most true car guys aren't as one eyed and fanatical as you'd imagine.

Most of us on here are probably passionate about more than one marque. I reckon near all will find something interesting about any manufacturer.

I know Gav loves his 911 Porsche, Boxhead loves his Chryslers, Valiants and old Toyota Coronas and Cornetto loves his clapped out old Mitsubishi Magna

I'm enjoying the current trend for the roll up on a Saturday night car shows. Lots of interesting cars coming out of the woodwork and lots of variety.

Cheers
deano59, boxhead, Gav and 1 others like this.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

It's a passion, it's an emotion, it's an addiction, it's a childhood dream, it's a bucket list item, it stirs conversation at carparks and service stations like no other car, it will make you giddy just sitting in it, it will bring a smile whenever you start it, it will get total strangers waving and giving your thumbs up for just driving an outright cool car, it's just awesome and it really is something that many many people just don't get......... but it's not a ford car.
Aussie Mike, boxhead, Gav and 3 others like this.

Last edited by leroy17; 09-29-2015 at 11:10 PM..
Old 09-29-2015, 11:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Benny are you going to the Nationals?
Old 09-29-2015, 11:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Puckett 250 GTO - LS1
Not Ranked     

Quote:
It's a passion, it's an emotion, it's an addiction, it's a childhood dream, it's a bucket list item, it stirs conversation at carparks and service stations like no other car, it will make you giddy just sitting in it, it will bring a smile whenever you start it, it will get total strangers waving and giving your thumbs up for just driving an outright cool car, it's just awesome and it really is something that many many people just don't get......... but it's not a ford car.
Well then it must be a 250 GTO.
boxhead and Hoity like this.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
... i just think its great to have so many holden/chev guys passionate about a ford car...
Good point.

Bottom line though is that it's a really personal thing, building a Cobra and speccing it the way you want it. If you want a Ford motor in a Cobra as we switched on guys do, that's great, but if the great unwashed want to put a Chevy in there, I think that's just really nice for them

Cheers,
Glen
Marlox and Hoity like this.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
A new LSA for $11k with 430kw in a 1150kg (give or take)
It's actually a bit more that when all said and done Leroy. You also need to buy the LSA intercooler system (around $2K), cold air box ~$750, engine controller package ~$2K) and don't forget $3K for the transmission and $1600 for an LSD with shot-peened gears to handle the additional power. Oh and you'd probably want to option up to the $2500 Avon CR6ZZ tyres to handle that power as well. But all in all, it's still a great package.

Also, have been told by Pace that the LSA car is only 1060kg ready to rock.

Cheers,
Sime
deano59, Auswallaby and Hoity like this.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I rang ford today, the only way to buy a Ford Coyote from Ford Australia according to Wignall Ford Spare parts team is as a spare part, a lazy $23k. Buy in price for them $17k, Eagle spares has/had one for 13.5k

Q. Is it possible to source new from Oz or do we go OS?

Update on my kit search, got the info pack from CR, not much difference $$ wise between CR and Pace, no brainer on that one.

Had a great time at the Nationals, looked like a lot of fun, Fav car was the Pace, Shelby 2.

That might be my inspiration!
boxhead and Auswallaby like this.