Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree300Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MK111 Ford 5.0 Cammer N/A
Not Ranked     

Try Herrod Motorsport in Melbourne they are the official Ford Racing agent in Australia they support the brand with a 2 year warranty. John is the guy you want to talk to 94645100.
Hoity likes this.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Sweet Mate.....The Coyote is a tight fit from what I hear.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ47 View Post
Try Herrod Motorsport in Melbourne they are the official Ford Racing agent in Australia they support the brand with a 2 year warranty. John is the guy you want to talk to 94645100.
Thanks LJ I will ring them tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
Sweet Mate.....The Coyote is a tight fit from what I hear.
I am down to two cars, the pace which was designed around the coyote and the Kenmer which Marty has one sitting in his workshop with the coyote fitted.

Loved the superperformance cars, except I want to build it!
Old 10-06-2015, 02:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoity View Post
I am down to two cars, the pace which was designed around the coyote and the Kenmer which Marty has one sitting in his workshop with the coyote fitted.....
If the Coyote is a ridiculous price, what about a Pace with a (Ford) Windsor? The original originals had them

Cheers,
Glen
Old 10-06-2015, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3514, LS3, Dual Quads, Holley Dominator EFI, TR6060, VE 3.7 LSD, AP Racing Brakes, 17x8 & 10 Custom Dragway Billet Wheels.
Not Ranked     

Hi Hoity,
If you want something different, but keeping with the Ford and the 427 theme, while i was in the states 2 years ago, I saw a Roush 427R engine (supercharged) being fitted to a Backdraft destined for California, tough emissions regs.
I'm not a ford guru but i think this was from recent Mustang option, like HSV but for Ford.
This would be a bit different from the also haves.
Dave
Old 10-06-2015, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
If the Coyote is a ridiculous price, what about a Pace with a (Ford) Windsor? The original originals had them

Cheers,
Glen
Glen, I thought about that, plenty of stroked options as well. The na coyote is good for around 430hp, bit of work can see them well north of that. A sb windsor is still probably similar money for that sort of HP and how streetable are they when you start upping the HP? Would like the wife to be able to drive it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Hi Hoity,
If you want something different, but keeping with the Ford and the 427 theme, while i was in the states 2 years ago, I saw a Roush 427R engine (supercharged) being fitted to a Backdraft destined for California, tough emissions regs.
I'm not a ford guru but i think this was from recent Mustang option, like HSV but for Ford.
This would be a bit different from the also haves.
Dave
Dave, that is a serious piece of kit, whilst its nice to be different, after visiting the nationals the wifey thinks she would like to have a go around the track. A Supercharged 427, is prob 600++ HP and lots of torque, need to be gentle on the loud pedal me thinks, would be a lot of fun though.

Just got of the phone with VPW, $12.9k delivered for a coyote 435Hp, 363 windsor 495Hp long motor $16k, could do a bit to the coyote for 3k to get a few more ponies. 363 would need throttle bodies etc

Ford need to lift their game

Back to cobra kits, i know we are in a little bubble on this forum and i need to join up cccv and go to a meeting, but has anyone heard of a kit other than PACE being purchased in the past 6 months or so.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
....The na coyote is good for around 430hp, bit of work can see them well north of that. A sb windsor is still probably similar money for that sort of HP and how streetable are they when you start upping the HP? Would like the wife to be able to drive it!

.....A Supercharged 427, is prob 600++ HP and lots of torque, need to be gentle on the loud pedal me thinks, would be a lot of fun though.

Just got of the phone with VPW, $12.9k delivered for a coyote 435Hp, 363 windsor 495Hp long motor $16k, could do a bit to the coyote for 3k to get a few more ponies. 363 would need throttle bodies etc .....
Hoity,
Don't lose sight of the fact that Pace cars weigh between 950kg and 1100kg, so any half-decent engine is going to have a very impressive power-to-weight ratio.
If you're a serious weekend track racer, go chasing power, but otherwise....

Cheers,
Glen
Hoity likes this.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Don't get caught up in the HP numbers game. You will find that more is not always better.

We had a conversation on here some time back and many came to the conclusion that about 400HP is about as much as you can use. That will be more than frightening enough.

The big HP cars are not really any quicker around the track especially compared to a well set up chassis.

Cheers
deano59, Dimis, muzzza and 1 others like this.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Yep, as Mike says, don't be hung up on chasing hi HP.
The past King Cobra does so on much less HP than most of his competitors.
A well setup car with a decent peddler is always faster.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I totally agree glen, i think a normally aspirated coyote 435hp is bang on the mark for what i think i need. Mike, spent a bit time over the years with motorbikes and more power most of the time seems to slow down your corner speed and braking ability, net effect is a very small difference in lap time etc. Its more about the person behind the wheel!

I want a daily driver that will get used once a week, wife can feel comfortable driving it and yet come track-day etc have the goods to smoke a few chevs, lol
Old 10-06-2015, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Dave, that is a serious piece of kit, whilst its nice to be different, after visiting the nationals the wifey thinks she would like to have a go around the track. A Supercharged 427, is prob 600++ HP and lots of torque, need to be gentle on the loud pedal me thinks, would be a lot of fun though.
There is a solution to this: 2 tune profiles & one switch...
Like most things - easier said than done, but quite possible with the coyote.

Quote:
Just got of the phone with VPW, $12.9k delivered for a coyote 435Hp, 363 windsor 495Hp long motor $16k, could do a bit to the coyote for 3k to get a few more ponies. 363 would need throttle bodies etc
Hoity, these numbers may be misleading - there are hidden expenses with EFI, including (& not limited to); tuning, upgrade fuel delivery (pumps, lines, regulators), computer harness... That said, I'm not trying to talk you out of the choice of the coyote. I think its a good one... You can virtually have two types of engines in one, the cruiser and the beast.

Quote:
Ford need to lift their game
I'm going to choose to ignore that...
Mostly cos it true
At least they haven't needed to be bailed out...
Old 10-06-2015, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

No, they just bailed out of Aus instead...