Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   The POOL ROOM (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/91647-pool-room.html)

deano59 08-30-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 1316806)
One Perth guy who can drive..love it..:3DSMILE:

As he is earning just 2% of what Schumacher and others were earning I hope his management can negotiate a better contract next round..:LOL:

im sure his pay packet next season will be a lot fatter than this yrs he has proven he is not the apprentice for sure .vettal must be spewing and wishing he still had mark in the team now a aussie is showing him up .

letsboogie351 08-31-2014 07:49 PM

Brad, those cars are bloody quick. But this is where my heart lies.....0-125kph in about 2.5 sec
temora jet sprint boats AUS1 - YouTube

Doug

Baz 09-10-2014 05:03 PM

Sometimes, women have too much to say.

A Highway Patrolman pulls over a car for speeding. The officer informs the male driver that his speed has been checked at 140kph in a 100kph zone.

The driver replies, "Christ officer. I had it on Cruise Control at 100. Perhaps your radar needs calibrating?" Not looking up from her knitting, his wife who was a passenger in the front of the vehicle says,"Now don't be silly dear. You know this car doesn't have Cruise Control." As the officer writes out the ticket, the driver looks over at his wife and growls,"Can't you keep your bloody mouth shut for once.?"

The wife looks back at him and says, "You should be thankful that your Radar Detector went off when it did." As the officer writes up the next ticket for the 'Illegal radar Detector', the driver looks at his wife and through clenched teeth says, "Damn it woman. I've just told you to keep your bloody mouth shut?"

The officer frowns and then says, "Sir. I also noticed that you weren't wearing your seat belt when I pulled you over? That's another automatic fine." The driver replied," Yeah well you see ****stable, I had it on, but took it off as you were walking up to my car so as I could get my license out of my wallet which was in my back pocket." The wife pipes up and says, "Now dear. You know very well that you didn't have your seat belt on. You never wear a seat belt when your driving." As the officer is writing out the third ticket, the driver turns to his wife and yells," For once and for all, shut your bloody mouth or I'll shut it for you."

The officer then looks at the women and asks, "Does your husband always talk to you like that Ma'am? The wife replies, "No. Only when he's been drinking heavily."

07cob 09-18-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra01 (Post 1316793)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=625747924150290

This will get your heart racing just before the nationals

Cheers

Brad

Read this some time back. Found this version on the Aprilla Forum.

You are riding the average $250,000 Honda MotoGP bike. Over a mile up theroad, a Top Fuel dragster is staged and ready to launch down a quarter milestrip as you pass. You have the advantage of a flying start. You run theRC211V hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line and pastthe dragster at an honest 200 mph (293 ft/sec). The 'tree' goes green forboth of you at that moment. The dragster launches and starts after you. Youkeep your wrist cranked hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine thatsears your eardrums and within 3 seconds the dragster catches and passesyou. He beats you to the finish line, a quarter mile away from where youjust passed him. Think about it, from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you 200 mphand not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when he passed youwithin a mere 1320 foot long race course.

Geof

Rog246 09-18-2014 01:36 PM

Never really thought about that.........................Faaaaaaarrrrkk !%/
Then again the bike does turn and make it back to the pits under its own power!! :cool:

David Hodgson 09-18-2014 04:01 PM

Our workplace organised a motivational talk by Michael Milton, the men’s disabled speed skier world record holder. He is also the fastest Australian – disabled or not, on ski’s.

His record is 213.65kl/hr. He was telling us that the timing trap is set between two red lines, 100m apart. He says at that speed it took him only 1.7 seconds to travel the 100m. And this was on one leg :eek:

jcraigau 09-18-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07cob (Post 1319395)
You are riding the average $250,000 Honda MotoGP bike. Over a mile up theroad, a Top Fuel dragster is staged and ready to launch down a quarter milestrip as you pass. You have the advantage of a flying start. You run theRC211V hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line and pastthe dragster at an honest 200 mph (293 ft/sec). The 'tree' goes green forboth of you at that moment. The dragster launches and starts after you. Youkeep your wrist cranked hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine thatsears your eardrums and within 3 seconds the dragster catches and passesyou. He beats you to the finish line, a quarter mile away from where youjust passed him. Think about it, from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you 200 mphand not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when he passed youwithin a mere 1320 foot long race course.

They really are the most brutal form of motorsport.
When you see them live it is an absolute smashing of the senses.
I had the privilege to stand behind the start line for the funny cars (which are slow compared to top fuelers) at the Perth Motorplex. As they roll past the nitro burns your eyes, the cackle of headers busts your ears and they do the burnout and smoke burns your nose. When they launch off the start it's like a punch in the chest as they disappear down the qtr. Awesome!

jcraigau 09-18-2014 07:59 PM

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/z...pse9f30388.jpg

deano59 09-19-2014 06:28 AM

im not into drag racing as much as other motor sports ok I will be honest it bores me to tears but I truly appreciate the engineering that goes into the cars to make them go .
one of my sponsors owns his own engine shop and does a lot of machining for the drag guys so I have gotten to see what goes into some of the engines and it's mind blowing how much money goes into some of the engines .
not my cup of tea but I suspect speedway and dirt circuit racing is not everyone else's cup of tea either .

cheers dean

Rob. Smith 09-20-2014 06:10 AM

There's all sorts of motor sports and all sorts of preferences...I've just become strangely interested in land speed racing....I'll never get to Bonneville but HOTROD magazine feeds me lots of good stuff. The technology in that stuff is up there with top fuel. Then there's pikes peak ! Daytona ... Fink ... man ..machines are the word !

leroy17 10-01-2014 03:46 PM

Here is a potential collectors item with loosly documented history in the photos.

1998 Hyundai Excel Sprint Twin Cam

Rog246 10-01-2014 04:15 PM

So true too !

Why aren't there more ads out there that are a true & honest representation of the vehicles fine qualities.
And testimonials how great was that ?

Rog246 10-12-2014 02:04 AM

The Great Race

Well the mountain had a bit of everything today-It sure wasn't short on drama today.
Some almost unbelievable driving, topped off but a FORD coming from stone motherless last to win on the last lap :eek:I kinda see the irony of Ford winning in the last couple of years-It would be fantastic for them to do it again next year, particularly if Ambrose wins it for DJR/Penske Racing !!
If I won it in a Ford (fat Chance of that......nargh-just Fat !!:eek:) I'd probably make a bigger dill of myself during the winners interview by saying FORD--WTF ??!
All in all a good result and a race filled to the brim with drama & excitment. :D

Rog246 10-26-2014 03:05 PM

A young Catholic girl went to confession and said to the priest, "I'm pregnant."

He asked, "How did this happen, my child?"

She said, "I think it must have been the second coming."

The priest, shocked by this reply, asked, "What makes you think this has anything to do with the Second Coming?"

She replied, "Because I swallowed the first one!!"

:LOL:

Rog246 10-29-2014 01:40 PM

For those who appreciate Dark Humour​!

Oscar wanted to get a new bathroom door but his girlfriend was dead against it.

Oscar clearly misunderstood when his girlfriend told him that on
Valentine's Day he had to take her out.

If he gets off this charge it will be the closest shave anyone has had
with only 2 blades.

His lawyer's got a hard job ahead of him. Realistically, it looks like
Pistorius hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Oscar Pistorius is pleading not guilty due to temporary diminished
responsibility. He claims he was legless at the time of the incident.

Whatever happens in court, he still has a career. The IOC say he's a
front runner at the next Olympics for pistol shooting.

Police reconstruction indicates that Pistorius lost it when, for
his Valentine's Day gift, his girlfriend gave him a pair of socks.

New Valentine's Day card: "Roses are red, violets are glorious. Never
creep up on Oscar Pistorius."

Looks like he has an expensive lawyer. I hope he can foot the bill.

New evidence has been found outside the Pistorius home that completely
acquits him of his girlfriend's murder … footprints !

She didn't notice Oscar stalking her.. It was the silence of the limbs.

And finally,

Anyone making jokes about Oscar Pistorius is just prosthetic!

Cobra01 11-14-2014 10:59 AM

Broardband in the Bush

Australia Computer Terminology - Getting ready for Broadband in the bush!!

LOGON: Adding wood to make the barbie hotter
LOG OFF: Not adding any more wood to the barbie.
MONITOR: Keeping an eye on the barbie.
DOWNLOAD: Getting the firewood off the ute.
HARD DRIVE: Making the trip back home without any cold tinnies.
KEYBOARD: Where you hang the ute keys.
WINDOWS: What you shut when the weather's cold.
SCREEN: What you shut in the mozzie season..
BYTE: What mozzies do
MEGABYTE: What Townsville mozzies do.
CHIP: A pub snack.
MICROCHIP: What's left in the bag after you've eaten the chips.
MODEM: What you did to the lawns.
LAPTOP: Where the cat sleeps.
SOFTWARE: Plastic knives and forks you get at Red Rooster.
HARDWARE: Stainless steel knives and forks - from K-Mart.

MOUSE: The small rodent that eats the grain in the shed.
MAINFRAME: What holds the shed up.
WEB: What spiders make.
SEARCH ENGINE: What you do when the ute won't go.
CURSOR: What you say when the ute won't go.
YAHOO: What you say when the ute does go.

UPGRADE: A steep hill.
SERVER: The person at the pub who brings out the counter lunch.
MAIL SERVER: The bloke at the pub who brings out the counter lunch.
USER: The neighbour who keeps borrowing things.

NETWORK:What you do when you need to repair the fishing net.

INTERNET: Where you want the fish to go.
NETSCAPE: What the fish do when they discover a hole in the net.

ONLINE: Where you hang the washing.

OFFLINE: Where the washing ends up when the pegs aren't strong enough.

letsboogie351 11-16-2014 12:07 PM

1960's WD 40 ad

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/a...psc4d2ef6a.png

letsboogie351 11-25-2014 01:10 PM

Lotus F1 team truck jumps Lotus F1 car

Record Breaker: 18 Wheeler Jumps Over F1 Race Car! (Video) - YouTube

Rog246 11-26-2014 02:30 AM

Ferkin' hell !:eek:

leroy17 11-27-2014 04:21 PM

Hope I am not alone on this but I just could not stop laughing.

Go to the start.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0&list=RD8F9jXYOH2c0#t=297[/ame]