April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

It is nuts. I suppose we can set idle at 2500 RPM and be in compliance. I thought we were talking about a two speed / idle test.... though.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     
Default Hb 5790

Claire Janowski has been contacted. We are currently awaiting her concurrence, advise and recommended DMV contacts to discuss the proposed changes prior to the Public Hearing, which has not yet been scheduled.

In addition, RENEW1 has contacted the DEP regarding a discussion of HB5790, prior to the Public Hearing.

Last edited by Don; 01-31-2007 at 10:07 AM..
Old 02-01-2007, 05:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#2189
Not Ranked     

Thanks Don & RENEW1,

And all involved. The 4C's have their Feb mtg in wallingford 2/5/07 and according to the "Voice" will be discussing HB5790. I'm not sure if meeting is open to public or just members. But it is a worthy club to join as support is in the numbers...........

http://ctccc.cctol.com/index.html

See Ya There,
Old 02-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve, I agree......joined the 4Cs as an Individual Member a few weeks ago. While I will not be at the next meeting, Dave, News Letter Editor of The Voice, is the 4Cs contact that RENEW1 and I have been working with.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building ERA #749 427 Cobra
Not Ranked     

Bill 5790 is scheduled for next Friday 2/9. We need as many people as possible attending. I think the session starts at 10AM, not sure about time for our bill. I have attached a file for information on procedues to be followed for speaking. More info will follow
Attached Files
File Type: doc YourVoiceMatters.doc (38.5 KB, 132 views)
Old 02-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Rene,
That file has a password?
Old 02-02-2007, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building ERA #749 427 Cobra
Not Ranked     

On previous attachment, click on "read only" and it should open
Old 02-03-2007, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I wiil be there, hope to see all......
Old 02-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Regarding the Public Hearing on HB 5790:

At this time, the specific time and location on Feb 9th for the Public Hearing at the State Capital, Legislative Office Building, in Hartford has not been published. The following web site would appear to indicate the Public Hearing will start at 10:00 AM , if the same pattern is followed. The Hearing start time will be confirmed on the web site, one day earlier on Feb 8th

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/CommD...A&doc_type=pha

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/cbs/H/HB-5790.htm

Additional information regarding the specific room, building and directions to the State Capital Legislative Office Building can be obtained from the House Transportation Committee Clerk at 860-240-0590. The parking spaces immediately adjacent to the State Capital are limited.

The Connecticut General Assembly ( CGA ) Bill Tracking site:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/CGAPBTS.asp?se...ll_num=HB05790

House Transportation Committee Web Site

http://www.cga.ct.gov/TRA/

If possible, please plan to attend the Public Hearing. The last time a similar bill was proposed , there was no public support and the Bill was never reported out of the Transportation Committee

Should anyone have written testimony they wish to leave at the Public Hearing, House rules state that 50 copies are required.

EVERYONE"S SUPPORT IS NEEDED
Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

HB 5790 UPDATE,:

Public Hearing on Friday February 9th, currently scheduled to start at 10:00

From a discussion with the Transportation Committee Clerk:

** Adjacent parking is extremely limited, may have to use other lots in the vicinity

** Hearing will be in Room 1E in the Legislative Office Building, which is attached to the State Capital, guards are at each entrance to direct you to Room 1E

** Sign up for speaking to the Committee starts at 9:00, speakers are taken in the sequence of signing up. The clerk mentioned at a Hearing on another Bill there were over 50 speakers, RENEW 1 in reply # 205 on this Thread has posted the link regarding testimony instructions, click on Read Only to open the file.

** Written testimony requires 50 copies and has to be given to the Clerk in Meeting Room, 1 E, no later than 9:00. No specific format other than identifying HB 5790 on the top. Include your complete Name & Address with contact info

** It is not known what sequence the Bills will be discussed, there are a number of other Bills scheduled for the same day and time
Old 02-05-2007, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don,
Thanks for the update.

Folks it's time for the "F" lady to sing, Let's be there in droves!!!!

Don't forget Shuttle Parking is available @ the Forest St. Lot every 15 mins. check the Ct Gov site......

http://www.cga.ct.gov/cop/Directions/directions.pdf

Last edited by SJK2; 02-05-2007 at 10:41 AM..
Old 02-05-2007, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom 351W Mild Cam 600cm Holley MSD T-5
Send a message via AIM to Smoking Cobra
Not Ranked     

As i mentioned earlier we could and probably will be there all day. Any other bill that day with a bigger following especially one that may have lobbist's will be put up front. The posting time is only a guideline. The more speakers a bill has the longer the wait. I have to leave by 2-3 pm.

joe g
Old 02-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is a new experience for me, contacted the Transportation Committee Clerk

** Dress: Jackets & ties are not required, appears business casual or something less is appropriate. Looks like it is not the televised hearings we see from Washington

** The speakers are taken in the sequence they register in WITHOUT regard to the specific bill. Getting to the Committee Hearing Room early if there is a line for the 9:00 sign-up, would allow for earlier testimony . Again, speaker sign up sequence, not Bill number sequence, for speaking

NOTE: Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes, that is correct, THREE minutes.

Each speaker should start with the Bill Number and Title and identify themselves.

** There are at least 30 to 35 + or - Bills on the Hearing schedule for Friday 2/9

** If attending, but not speaking, please consider written testimony, 50 copies to the clerk by 9:00 AM. The Clerks then collate in House Bill Number sequence for each of the 34 Representatives on the Transportation Committee. Reason to identify the Bill Number and Title at the top of the written testimony.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

HB 5790 Testimony:

Yes, it would be beneficial, if speaking, to still submit written testimony, 50 copies, which could be the same or more comprehensive, due to the 3 minute speaking limitation.

Referback to Reply #205 for the attachment posted by RENEW1 regarding testimony

YourVoiceMatters.doc

Last edited by Don; 02-05-2007 at 12:10 PM..
Old 02-06-2007, 05:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A little blurb on how a bill becomes a law:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/html/bill.pdf#45159
Old 02-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
This is a new experience for me, contacted the Transportation Committee Clerk

** The speakers are taken in the sequence they register in WITHOUT regard to the specific bill. Getting to the Committee Hearing Room early if there is a line for the 9:00 sign-up, would allow for earlier testimony . Again, speaker sign up sequence, not Bill number sequence, for speaking

AND

** If attending, but not speaking, please consider written testimony, 50 copies to the clerk by 9:00 AM. The Clerks then collate in House Bill Number sequence for each of the 34 Representatives on the Transportation Committee. Reason to identify the Bill Number and Title at the top of the written testimony.
Don,
Do we have any gauge on how the written testimony is processed? Could this be more powerful than a 3 minute song and dance?

The fact they do not go in order of Bill is odd... how do you keep momentum on one subject....
Old 02-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

Hey Guys:
I cannot make it on Friday. Please remind our lawmakers in Hartford of the tens of thousands of 2-cycle trimmers, blowers, motorbikes, edgers, mowers, chainsaws and the like, that are far more polluting than our 4 stroke car engines, that are allowed to run with no regulation what-so-ever.

Keep in mind that most of these guys have no training in science. They are typically business people who manage to get elected in their town. I would be amazed if any of the Reps from my town had any understanding of hydro-carbons, carbon monoxite and carbon dioxide. Many of them consider trees to be cause of forest fires.

Bob
Old 02-06-2007, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     

Pointing out other areas of "ALLEDGED" pollution is exactly what you DON'T want to do.That state has enough bull$hit laws with giving then any ideas.
Keep the comparisons POSITIVE,not negative-use Arizona as an example.As of Jan 1 we no longer have to smog cars 15 years or older that have a classic car insurance policy on them.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Does anyone know how many registered motor vehicles there are in the state of CT? I think this can add to the case... what actual percentage are we looking at here with 300 composites???
Old 02-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

** CT Registrations as of 1-25-2007:

Grand Total of All Registrations: 3,006,055

Passenger Car: 2,170,047

Combo Plate: 361,858

Commercial: 78,320

Motorcycle: 85,897

......did not ask for other categories. My thanks, again, to the DMV contact that has been extremely helpful.

** Confirmed with the Transportation Committee Clerk, speakers are in the sequence of sign-up, not House Bill sequence

** The speaker will indicate on the sign up sheet whether private citizen etc., It will be possible to determine if the DMV and DEP personnel will be speaking.

** Reason for the 9:00 deadline for turning in the written testimony. The Clerk attempts to collate all written testimony, 50 copies required, in Bill Number sequence for each Representative to have in front of them during the speaking session

** If not speaking, written testimony can still be provided, and is encouraged.

** If not attending , send your written testimony to

FAX: 869-240-0021: Direct the FAX to Antonio in the House Transportation Committee and mention HB 5790

e-mail to Antonio:

antonio.peronace@cga.ct.gov

With in person, e-mail and fax capability for the written testimony, every interested party should be able to provide documentation.

** Written testimony can also be provided to the Transportation Committee office, Room 2300 LOB, prior to Friday 2/9, If after 9:00 on Friday 2/9, the Representatives will still receive but may not have the document in front of them during the Public Hearing

** Regarding the value of the written testimony, guess on my part, but allows the House Representatives to personally review and recall the various points of view, supporting comments, any statistics etc., after having listened to all the testmony on numerous bills and public hearings, over a number of days.