April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 03:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#2189
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEW1
Well folks wev'e passed the first hurdle for HB5790. The Transportation Committee has voted to draft the bill to present to the full house. There is a long way to go.Once drafted I think we will get to see it before it hits the street.
RENEW1,
Great news!!
Now more than ever its imperative we All keep up the momentum.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi guys, I don't own a Cobra. BUT I do live in CT. Do the rules for composites pertain to all vehicles not original? i.e. swapped motors. I have a '93 Tbird SC and the little 3.8 R engine is pretty worn out and and hard to get parts for. I was thinking of transplanting a 429/460/7.5. Would my bird then come under the composite rules? Thanks MikeH, Ledyard, CT
Old 03-01-2007, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom 351W Mild Cam 600cm Holley MSD T-5
Send a message via AIM to Smoking Cobra
Not Ranked     

NO!! Your all set. Just keep records of where you bought your new motor.

joeg
Old 03-01-2007, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Hmmm. I believe Talonhead will still have to pass emissions for a '95.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That would be easier than what we have to do. He must do emission's with either motor.
joeg
Old 03-03-2007, 05:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Commodore:

I may have missed, do you have the web link for the RI Bill ?

Don
Old 03-03-2007, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3881 427 FE w/2x4bbls and 4 spd toploader
Not Ranked     

Don,
Went looking for it on the FFR forum after reading your post and can't find it right this second. If memory servers me correctly, it was in the 'off topic' section and was a pretty recent post (in the last few days). I'll sniff around a bit more and see if I can pass it on to all. Might be in the 'registrations' section?
RB
Old 03-07-2007, 03:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Committee bill has been drafted read it here:
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/TOB/H/200...790-R01-HB.htm
Old 03-08-2007, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks like "Fla." is intro'ing the Same type of bill:

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...d=1#post720658
Old 03-10-2007, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building ERA #749 427 Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Bill HB5790 Update

At this time there is confusion as to the bills status. A proposed bill with everything we wanted was posted on our legislative web site as a Transportation Committee drafted bill. Our sponsoring representative had worked out a simpler bill with DMV and thought that was going to appear in a DMV "Cleanup bill". At this point we find no composite language in the DMV cleanup bill RSB1400. The sponsoring representative feels HB5790 is dead based on the DMV supposedly incorporating a simple exemption for composites. Stay tuned!!! Sounds like a communication problem with the Transportation Committee
Old 03-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Any 2007 Inspections ?

Just so everyone can keep current as 5790 works it's way in the CGA:

** Has anyone had a 2007 Safety Inspection at Wethersfield , any comments positive or negative ?

** If inspecting in 2007, was the emission check done before or after the Wethersfield Safety Inspection ? Back in the year 2000, I had to show my emissions PASS document as part of the DMV paperwork check, prior to the actual inspection.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEW1
At this time there is confusion as to the bills status. A proposed bill with everything we wanted was posted on our legislative web site as a Transportation Committee drafted bill. Our sponsoring representative had worked out a simpler bill with DMV and thought that was going to appear in a DMV "Cleanup bill". At this point we find no composite language in the DMV cleanup bill RSB1400. The sponsoring representative feels HB5790 is dead based on the DMV supposedly incorporating a simple exemption for composites. Stay tuned!!! Sounds like a communication problem with the Transportation Committee
Where can this "DMV cleanup bill RSB1400" bill be seen.???????
Old 03-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/TOB/S/200...400-R00-SB.htm
Old 03-10-2007, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Don!!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm due for registration renewal in July. Hope this mess is cleaned up before that. Not sure if they will require me to go thru emission test.
joeg
Old 03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Someone is going to have to show me where RSB1400 addresses our issue? I'm already fearing this is a sweep it under maneuver.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building ERA #749 427 Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Update On Hb5790

As of today, DMV and Transportation Chairs have agreed to a simple addition to RSB1400 (DMV Cleanup bill)to exempt composites from emissions. They do not agree or have problems with the bill HB5790 as drafted. They have problems with what we submitted, which used the SEMA language. Not sure how it will come out, but I would be happy with just the exemption at this point. DMV approval is key to approval. Voting will be either tomorrow or Friday.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I agree. I'd be satisfied to be exempt from emission testing, but it sure would be nice to register it as a '66. I understand that street rod replicas (pre-1949) will be able to register what they represent.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Considering all the influencing factors both within and outside of the Transportation Committee for a favorable vote on HB 5790, obtaning an exemption on Composite emissions testing via HB 1400 has to be considered a substantial step in the right direction. Inclusion of the exemption on emissions testing in HB 1400 ( when the wording is updated )will greatly facilitate the approval process within the entire General Assembly and signing by the Governor, rather than a stand alone Bill.

With 337 Composites registered as of Feb 20, 2007, our concerns as hobbyists were heard and favorably acted upon.

There will be another opportunity to propose legislation on registration issues as a separate Bill and the sensitive topic on emission exemptions will not have to included.

It is important to remeber that the Emissions testing for Composites could have hindered, cost and/or engine choice, or prevented being able to register the Cobra or any replica. The standards have been lowered since 2000 and there was nothing to prevent another adjustment in future years.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Considering all the influencing factors both within and outside of the Transportation Committee for a favorable vote on HB 5790, obtaning an exemption on Composite emissions testing via HB 1400 has to be considered a substantial step in the right direction. Inclusion of the exemption on emissions testing in HB 1400 ( when the wording is updated )will greatly facilitate the approval process within the entire General Assembly and signing by the Governor, rather than a stand alone Bill.

With 337 Composites registered as of Feb 20, 2007, our concerns as hobbyists were heard and favorably acted upon.

There will be another opportunity to propose legislation on registration issues as a separate Bill and the sensitive topic on emission exemptions will not have to included.

It is important to remeber that the Emissions testing for Composites could have hindered, cost and/or engine choice, or prevented being able to register the Cobra or any replica. The standards have been lowered since 2000 and there was nothing to prevent another adjustment in future years.
Don,
Agree with all your points, now just cant wait to see HB1400 updated.......