10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

If I remember correctly, Claire attempted to assist some time ago, years ( ? ) and no one showed at the Committe hearing, assigned to the Bill, to testify in support nor had submitted any written testimony.

Maybe Claire can help in letting us know what to do in support and how will the notification of time, date and place be handled if the Bill is assigned to a Committe for public testimony.

I would offer that with knowing there are only approx 300 Composites in the state, driven approx 1,000 to 2,000 miles a year, the exemption on emissions would be put in perspective for those in the General Assembly that do not have an awareness or knowledge of our sport/hobby and the consequences we face with the direction be taking by the DEP.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

I will contact our regional SEMA rep tomorrow on this.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#2189
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEW1
Got a surprise for everyone. Claire Janokowski, a Vernon House Rep, has promised me she will submit a bill to the legislature using the SEMA language to define our cars and exempt them from emissions. It must be in by noon tomorrow, I hope. She asked for a copy sent to her at the state house and one at home. I hope someone can tune a carb but I wouldn't bet on it for everyone. Just for info all EFI systems try to control at A/F ratio about 14.7:1
which is equivelent to very low CO. I tried to attach a chart as CO and A/F ratio but file is too big. I have asked Peter at ERA if he would like to contact Claire so we'll see what happens. If this bill makes it I hope everyone including other replica cars and Hot Rods will support it. We are outnumbered and it will most likely take a strong effort.
RENEW1,
Get us her email, tele #, snail mail add so we can all get on board to support her and her efforts.
Remember all, this is for all of us.........
Old 01-12-2007, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Got a surprise for everyone. Claire Janokowski, a Vernon House Rep, has promised me she will submit a bill to the legislature using the SEMA language to define our cars and exempt them from emissions. It must be in by noon tomorrow, I hope. She asked for a copy sent to her at the state house and one at home. I hope someone can tune a carb but I wouldn't bet on it for everyone. Just for info all EFI systems try to control at A/F ratio about 14.7:1
which is equivelent to very low CO. I tried to attach a chart as CO and A/F ratio but file is too big. I have asked Peter at ERA if he would like to contact Claire so we'll see what happens. If this bill makes it I hope everyone including other replica cars and Hot Rods will support it. We are outnumbered and it will most likely take a strong effort.
RENEW1,
Get us her email, tele #, snail mail add so we can all get on board to support her and her efforts.
Remember all, this is for all of us.........

Don.
Is there any way to contact the 300 or so other composite owners to stir them up.??

IMHO:Passing inspection & registration is nothing if emmissions pushes us off the road....

Last edited by SJK2; 01-12-2007 at 03:51 AM..
Old 01-12-2007, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building ERA #749 427 Cobra
Not Ranked     

It is now 2:43PM and I'm still supplying information for the bill. Claire now has an extension until 3:00PM to submit the bill. Unfortuanately my wife, who has COPD, fell ill and I left work yesterday and missed Claire's request for more information. By email today she got hold of me and asked for the information by 3:00PM. I hope it makes it. I had asked Peter at ERA to contact her yesterday but apparently he did not. Her address/email is as follows:

Claire Janowski
Legislative Office Building, Room 1003
Hartford,Ct 06106-1991
Phone: 860-240-8585
email: Claire.Janowski@cga.ct.gov

Home: 263 Hany Lane
Vernon, Ct. 06066
Phone: 860-872-7196
Old 01-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I sent her an email...every little bit helps (I hope).
Old 01-12-2007, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just sent one also.......
Old 01-12-2007, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM-2027 / 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Me to send one also....
Old 01-12-2007, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building ERA #749 427 Cobra
Not Ranked     

The bill was submitted and we will have to see if it gets accepted. I understand it may be fine tuned by the legislative office so we'll have to wait and see. I'll let all know the bill number if granted. At this point I'm not sure what happens next. I'm not to good at this kind of stuff and hope others who are better at this than me would get involved. I think part of the problem might be convincing your local house or Senate rep to support this bill.
If we have a bill number I think all of us should get on the internet and try to contact all the clubs in Ct to help us. If there is a hearing, it is important for a face to face hearing with the legislature.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
The bill was submitted and we will have to see if it gets accepted. I understand it may be fine tuned by the legislative office so we'll have to wait and see. I'll let all know the bill number if granted. At this point I'm not sure what happens next. I'm not to good at this kind of stuff and hope others who are better at this than me would get involved. I think part of the problem might be convincing your local house or Senate rep to support this bill.
If we have a bill number I think all of us should get on the Internet and try to contact all the clubs in Ct to help us. If there is a hearing, it is important for a face to face hearing with the legislature.
Its a Start. Now we must all maintain support and vigilance....
I have contacted and posted to three car sites already
RENEW1,
Thanks for what youv'e done so far........
Old 01-12-2007, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM-2027 / 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Well that's great news. Keep us posted and thanks for your effort. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Glenn.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve:

RE: Don.
Is there any way to contact the 300 or so other composite owners to stir them up.??

The DMV hard copy report I was given access to indicated year/type of registration and Make, such as Composite. At the time, I indicated to the contact at DMV Business Services I did not have a need for the N & A, which expedited my access to the data. Reason being, was only interested in the number of Composites registered by year. Since the report already existed ( very important ) in a format that had the info I wanted, the $0.25 FOI charge per page was waived. The report was about 6 to 8 inches high of computer paper, forgot the exact page count

That said, I will contact the DMV Business Services Unit, explain the need/reason for the N & A for Composites and determine if the information can be made available. At the time, it was mentioned the DMV did not have any software. report generators, to produce reports on a selective basis.

Just as a FYI, the DMV individual drove to Wethersfield from an office in the southern part of the state with the report to meet me, and then I used the cafeteria to view the report.......extremely helpful individual.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Thread from 2005 on the same subject for a Bill submitted by Claire Janowski

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...laire+Janowski

RENEW1: If the Bill does get a number, could you also ask Claire for the web site link to the General Assembly calender and the Comittee the Bill is assigned to ? If someone finds or knows the link, please post on this Thread.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don,
Here's that link:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/

Plus this like has ever contact for the House & Senate:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/olm/Guides/Guide/Guide.pdf
Old 01-12-2007, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
The Thread from 2005 on the same subject for a Bill submitted by Claire Janowski

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...laire+Janowski

RENEW1: If the Bill does get a number, could you also ask Claire for the web site link to the General Assembly calender and the Comittee the Bill is assigned to ? If someone finds or knows the link, please post on this Thread.
Don,
What happened to the bill this is all I find:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillsta...8&SUBMIT1.y=12
Old 01-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Seems it has been submitted for debate/argument. The date for a public hearing is listed. Click on the tab for the text.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry...I'm two years behind. I hope this is resubmitted for argument.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

While not indicated on the 2005 Bill log, my understanding is the Transportation Committee did not take any action since there was no public support or input in favor of the bill

The Transportation Committee: 2007

http://www.cga.ct.gov/tra/

Agenda hearing link

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/CommD...A&doc_type=pha

Proposed House Bills, Transportation

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/tradata/cbr/TBFRAMECBR2.HTM

If the Bill did meet todays deadline, I would anticipate the Bill Number, etc would appear in the above site (s ), early to mid week of 1/15
Old 01-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RENEW1 and everyone else:

How would this be as a starting point to contact other CT CC members AND vendors in CT that may not be following this Thread and the initiative RENEW1 took in contacting Claire Janowski:

Solict the assistance of Moderator ComputerWorks Ron KMP178 to determine if the CC software can send a selective PM only to those that have registered as a CT location , which I believe everyone uses as the standard state abbreviation.

The use of PM sent by CC would not compromise the privacy of the CC members personal e-mail address.

The CC PM e-mail would contain a reference to this Thread and specifically the last 15 or 20 + postings. Included would be Claire Janowski's contact info and a request for supporting comments to Claire. Maybe Brent/Ron could expand the approach for the other two forums they manage.

Your thoughts and/or other alternatives ?

I am not familiar with the FFR Forum, but take the same approach or at least make reference to this Thread on a specific FFR Forum ?

I will still contact the DMV Business Services Unit for the N & A of CT Composite owners, but there might be a privacy issue in releasing the information.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don,
I would agree on all points. Also i have posted in the northeast sections in the other cobra type forums with links to this thread, with a plea to "Read, Help, & Support all of us as i see it matters to all CT. cobra & street rod owners.........

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: