Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique,302
Not Ranked     
Default Gasing up

two boys came running up in a s-10, jumped out came running over, lots of talk--excited--said, you want to race this thing?I calmly looked over parking lot, gas terminals, said, I don,t see anything to race. Have local vette club, have cruise, so went, open to all, amazing , folks walk by vettes to look over cobra--pissed vette boys, now they don,t have cruise at all.And I was looking for a vette until this gas business came along, think it best to wait and see.Presidential election scares h--- out of me---we could find hotrods, cobras--non-essential vehicles outlawed ----some of that CHANGE the man keeps talking.Will-alabama
Old 05-21-2008, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gary Edwards Racing 460
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by will butterwort View Post
two boys came running up in a s-10, jumped out came running over, lots of talk--excited--said, you want to race this thing?I calmly looked over parking lot, gas terminals, said, I don,t see anything to race. Have local vette club, have cruise, so went, open to all, amazing , folks walk by vettes to look over cobra--pissed vette boys, now they don,t have cruise at all.And I was looking for a vette until this gas business came along, think it best to wait and see.Presidential election scares h--- out of me---we could find hotrods, cobras--non-essential vehicles outlawed ----some of that CHANGE the man keeps talking.Will-alabama
Huh??????????
Old 06-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

I just got the following comment on one of my videos on You Tube:

I think this is one of the best cobra vids on youtube, nice one! nice to see a cobra being driven how it should be, and not having the s**t ragged out of it or just crawling along! Obviously there would be room for more speed but thats not what its always about. Fantastic piece of driving!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 187 Prism Red w/Silver stripes; 427 stroker by Smeding Performance, Tremec TKO600 gearbox
Not Ranked     

I'd like to see the YouTube vid--could you post a link to it? Tnx.

You'll feel me coming
A new vibration
From afar you'll see me
I'm a sensation!

-Pete Townshend, Tommy
Old 06-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

I have posted most of my You Tube videos on different thread

Video of Yesterdays Ride

but here is the vid with the nice comment ....

Old 06-02-2008, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP-216S Kirkham Street '66 428 PI
Not Ranked     

I decide to take a quick run on a nice mid May day in socal. Clear, 75 degrees, an average spring day (take that you soggy, tornado hugging, fly over dwelling, Cali hatin, suckers). I head up Stunt road to Saddlepeak, great twisty drive up a large bowl like canyon to the Saddlepeak lookout. As I make the charge up the last straight away I see a bunch of Bikers stopped at the lookout area. They are all staring at me with their jaws dropped, literally, every single one had the same look. I realize that they must have heard me coming for 5 minutes, like King Kong coming thru the jungle on Skull Island, "I don't know what's coming but it's gonna be big". Then as I glance past them, I see a LA County sheriff standing next to his cruiser. He's staring at me too, but with this huge grin plastered on his face. I proceed to slowly putt passed everybody as I wait for the inevitable "Please come over here sir" wag of the finger from the Sheriiff. But he just watches me go by and as I'm about to disappear around the corner he slowly shakes his head.

Cops love these things.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Almost had the same thing happen too me! A girl I know, and haven't seen in a long time shows up and asked for a ride and of course I say sure we are on the on ramp to the freeway wide open about 120MPH and I slow down to merge with traffic at about MPH just passed the on ramp was a C.(I)H.P. just giving me a thumb up
Old 06-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

WTM:
Where are you locating your microphone to get it out of the wind noise for your video?
DonC
Old 06-03-2008, 04:44 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonC View Post
WTM:
Where are you locating your microphone to get it out of the wind noise for your video?
DonC
Using a digital camera in video mode, using a suction cup .. so its behind the windshield. A lot of discussion on that subject on another thread

Video of Yesterdays Ride
Old 06-03-2008, 07:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info and site.
DonC
Old 06-05-2008, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3, Levy Built 347ci
Not Ranked     

I was cruising along the freeway burning dinosaurs, when a honda civic with dark tint pulls in front of me. He puts his hand up through the sunroof and gives me the rock n' roll sign with his fist.

I give him the thumbs up in return. He pulls over one lane and I have a long way in front of us with no traffic. Just for him, I drop it into 3rd, hammer it and scream past him into 4th gear up to probably 120ish...

I slowed down so he could catch up. He gave me the thumbs up and I acknowledged it.

My wife who was riding along with me gave me a look like I didn't need to do that. I replied to her, "you got to give the fans what they want."
Old 06-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad View Post
I replied to her, "you got to give the fans what they want."

I'll have to remember that line the next time I get pulled over by a cop!
Old 06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

I was sitting in my recliner watching tv the other night about 8 pm, eating my gourmet meal of chili dogs & potato salad, ah, life is good! The door bell rings.

My neighbor from down the road is there with one of his street rod buddies. Introduces me to him & asks if I can show him the Cobra. So, off I go into the garage, back the Cobra out & give a 30 minute show & tell. The guy was very impressed, got all the normal questions, except for "is it real".

So, they left & I figured since it was out of the garage, might as well take it out to get my "fix".

After I got my fix, went in the house to finish my supper. The potato salad was okay, but cold chili dogs........... not so good!

Didn't expect to give a show & tell on the car while it's just sitting in the garage, maybe I should be ready for it in case it happens again!

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 06-07-2008, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #298 427 FI
Not Ranked     

A few minutes ago I was sitting at a stop light when a suburban loaded with high school girls pulls up to the light beside me and called me stuart little. I said "exuse me" ? According to them Stuart little drives something similar. That is a one comment I was not expecting.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

Today I was at a car show with my car and a woman walks up and says "What year is the corvette" Her husband replies "Honey, thats not a corvette. It's a corvette eater called a Cobra."

The up side of the day is that I won the 1st place trophy.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpanten View Post
A few minutes ago I was sitting at a stop light when a suburban loaded with high school girls pulls up to the light beside me and called me stuart little. I said "exuse me" ? According to them Stuart little drives something similar. That is a one comment I was not expecting.
Red Cobra?

I went to the Cobra Revolution and the entire 3.5 hour drive up and the entire 3.5 hour drive back I was bombarded by waves, head nods and thumbs up.

These cars are like movie stars.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:58 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
According to them Stuart little drives something similar. That is a one comment I was not expecting.
Stuart Little is a story about a white mouse.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #298 427 FI
Not Ranked     

Yes it's a red cobra, my kids actually have the movie but I never noticed a red car, I guess I need to make a copy and add it to my collection of gumball rally and Hollywood Knights since it has a cobra in it
Old 06-08-2008, 05:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes it's a red cobra, my kids actually have the movie but I never noticed a red car, I guess I need to make a copy and add it to my collection of gumball rally and Hollywood Knights since it has a cobra in it

Well it is not even a Cobra. Just a red toy convertible.

There were a couple of those movies. I think the convert was in the second one. Not sure.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Sweet Revenge!!!!

From my EX-WIFE....''You sly bast##d ,I knew you hadn't sold the bloody thing!!!".......3 days after she got her Divorce papers finalised and my son had told her that Daddy spent the day picking up his Cobra ..

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln