21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Stopped at a red light and a guy my age in a 68 RS Camaro 327 conv pulls up along side and says " What year Vette is that?"

I said, "It's a 52 concept car, but Chevrolet ruined the design when they finally went into production."

He said "Nice car" and we drove off.

I was going to ask him what year Corvair that was, but I did not want to stoop to his knowledge level.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Warren,

I could understand someone a lot older or younger than us, but Not our age.

You are about my age, as was that guy in the Camaro, and he thought your Cobra was a 'Vette???

May be he is a "furriner". You should have asked him what planet he's from!

Cheers!
Dave
Old 07-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Nope - not a furriner. Just a guy in a Camaro. Never seen him b/4.

About a year ago, a guy hollered out his Ford SUV window " What year Jag is that?" I responded "its a new Mustang."

"Oh ya", he said, "I see the Ford emblem on the fender!"
Old 07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warren,

It does make you wonder what planet some folks are using for a homebase though, doesn't it!

Cheers!
Dave
Old 07-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     

Went for a drive in the hills around here. Stopped for lunch at the Acme cafe. This town consists of the cafe a fire station and general store with wood floors. Susan goes in while I get the tonneau(FTF) over the seats. Then out She comes with a ten year old kid, and she says "he wants to look at the car and he knows what it is. When She walked in He asked her if that was Her Shelby Cobra? So we went over the car, when I thought we were done he wanted to see the engine, He liked it even though it is a small block.

Should have taken him for a ride. I think he is the waitresses kid so I called out there tonight, cause I have a Kirkham poster, I think he would like.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     

Guys....they definitly can walk to a differernt drummer........sometimes to a completely other "band"......here is what I mean......they are the same ones that ask about the 'nice vette' or cute 'jag'........just amazing.....

THEY WALK AMONG US!

My colleague and I were eating lunch in our cafeteria when we overheard one of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the shore. She drove down in a convertible, but "didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving."

THEY WALK AMONG US!

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car. It's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped . . . She keeps it in her trunk . . .

THEY WALK AMONG US . . .

My friends and I were on a beer run, and noticed that the cases were discounted ten percent. Since it was a big party, we bought two cases. The cashier multiplied two times 10%, and gave us a 20% discount . . . (I'll drink to that!)

THEY WALK AMONG US!

I was hanging out with a friend, when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend asked, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turnedher head?"

I explained that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart - no matter which way the head is turned...

THEY WALK AMONG US . . .

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area, so I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled, and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional, and I was in good hands. "Now,"
she asked me, "Has your plane arrived yet?"

THEY WALK AMONG US!

Oh, there is more....just didn't want to control the thread...but what a crock!!

fRed.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     
Default they walk among us.....

...sorry, just thought you might see what we deal with more days than not................does a Cobra really look that weird?

Fred.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred,

Don't be sorry!

Sad to say, your stories amused me, but sure didn't surprise me any.

I read one the other day about how the world doesn't need a Fountain of Youth nearly as much as Fountan of Commonsense. Good point there!

They do indeed walk among us.

Cheers!
Dave
Old 08-12-2006, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Manufacturing,351 SVO stroker from Bennett Racing
Not Ranked     

While to doing my public service announcement to local policeman who was very interested in cobra's and was going over several details. Gotta keep the boys in blue happy... never know when you may really need them or WANT to see them A guy pulls up on a Harley Davidson and as he is filling up his cycle he says I got a cobra killer at home.. My response is " What kind of gun is it?" He says its a 67' 427 corvette stingray. I told to him to bring it and the cop just laughed and the cop told the guy man you are gonna get your a$$ kicked. About that time he is done filling the tank up and saddles up and rides on out. Nothin worse than lookin bad in front of the police

J.A.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I live near an area populated with dopers and alcoholics. Once when I had the car out and had stopped to talk to a man that flagged me down, three of them came out of an old dump and had a big fight right there, rolling on the ground and screaming and punching. One, who said he knew everything there was about Chevy's claimed it was a Corvette. The other two who got into the fight at least had the Ford part right. One claimed it was a Falcon and the other claimed it was a Maverick because he once had one. The guy who had flagged me down to look at the car just stood there and said, "It is amazing at what stupidity can bring about." He had a 2002 Corvette and could not imagine how anyone could mistake a Cobra for a Corvette, but the Falcon, Mavrick bit was really over the top. Wish I had my video camera with me as I would have liked to have taped that fight and had the audio for people to hear.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 08-12-2006, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Manufacturing,351 SVO stroker from Bennett Racing
Not Ranked     

Did the fight look like the one from Dumb & Dumber or worse!
Old 08-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question

... the other claimed it was a Maverick because he once had one.

He MUST have been blind.

My father had a Maverick, and there is NO way anyone could remotely connect a Maverick with a Cobra.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61
One claimed it was a Falcon and the other claimed it was a Maverick because he once had one.
Ron
Jeez Ron, what kind of donor parts did you use?

I'm no expert.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
These guys would have made the top of the Darwin Award if they had been able to kill each other. I can't see how anyone can even confuse a Cobra body with a Corvette let alone a Maverick or Falcon. As I said, I really wish I had my video camera that day as it would have given the police department a good laugh. Remember the Johnny Cash song, One Piece At A Time. Well, you have my car except it isn't supposed to be a Cadillac. Looks like something that escaped from the junk yard one night.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 08-13-2006, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default just remember.....

just remember guys.........these are the same people that still believe if you eat yogurt....you will look like Arnold S!!! remember........'they walk among us"....we must be very careful........as they also drive among us.........
now, back to building my 'Ghia'......

fred z
Old 08-27-2006, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 351W
Not Ranked     
Default Free Lunch

While going through the line at Chipotle the guy running the cash register said "I'll give you your burritos for free if you'll take me for a ride around the block". I said " let's go". I took him a little farther than just around the block, there was a real twisty wide road near by, I think I scared him a little. My wife and I enjoyed the burritos.

Brad
Old 08-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Genesis 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

September issue of KitCar Mag.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

My new neighbor was moving in yesterday and he came over to borrow a screwdriver. He walks in the garage and I say "how you doing" He looks at me and at the car and says "Obviously not as good as you, thats a F___ing cobra.." ;>)

Last edited by onefastmustang; 08-27-2006 at 09:30 PM..
Old 08-28-2006, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superperformance, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Finally, a negative reaction. After a memorable encounter with two 30 somethings in their Prius hybrid gushing over how beautiful the car is several months ago, I'm driving through the Peoples Rebublic of Santa Monica - Woman driving another Prius in the opposite direction yelled (I heard her over the sidepipes) "Bastard!" The tone didn't strike me that she was jealous of the car. My thought - "F*uckem if they don't understand the concept of freedom."

Bill
Old 09-13-2006, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4083, NOS 427 SOHC, serial number 589. Dyno'd in 1967 at 629HP with single 4v 560 Holley. Now with 4 Webers.
Not Ranked     

Just got CSX4083 posted at the MSD Ignition website "Ride of the Month" at:

http://msdignition.com/1msdrides.htm