Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2006, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     
Default Picture of it in Kit Car Magazine

In the recent addition of Kit Car magazine there is a picture of me standing next to the car. However they messed up the spelling of my name.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, 418W, tremec 3550tko, 9" ford rear, 3.0 gear, silver/black
Not Ranked     

Inside cover of the latest Kit Car Magazine! Shell Valley ad., sliver and black in the middle!!
Old 01-06-2007, 08:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2457, Sunset Red/Titanium Stripes,460FR, SCJA, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I was visiting a home I am building and a neighbor came over with his two year old son and was looking at the Cobra. "My son wanted to see the 'vroom, vroom', he said. He had been in his house and came over when his wife said there must be a HUGE truck coming down the street, apparently rattling the windows. I try to drive slowly in the neighborhood to avoid controversy -it doesn't help!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

I,m driving home the other night,,,beep..beep. HEY WHAT KINDA CAR IS THAT?? Its a 65 Shelby Cobra!!! I pull off and now he is on the other side.The wife... How much does it cost? A lot!! but its worth every penny!!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Yesterday I was driving thru downtown Boston, just for grins. It was above 70 ºF and all the college girls were out walking around.

I was stopped at a red light and I saw this guy about 40 years old run along the sidewalk about 100 feet and stopped by my idling Cobra, about 30 feet away. There was some construction going on at the sidewalk, so ....

... the guy yelled out "What kind of car is that?"
and I responded "It's a Cobra".

... he again yelled out "What?"
and I raised my voice and yelled "It's a Cobra".

... and he said quizzically "an Oprah?"
so I responded "Yes, its a 2007 Oprah Winfrey. She only made 4 and gave one to me".

There were two guys in their mid 20's about 20 feet away and by this time they are laughing out loud. I had trouble trying to keep a straight face without bursting into tears of laughter.

... and the guy yelled back "How much did it cost".
I held up one finger and he said "$10,000?" and I pushed my finger higher ... and he said "$100,000?" and I pushed my finger way up in the air and he exclaimed "ONE MILLION?" and I nodded my head yes.

Thankfully the light finally turned green and I accelerated off into the distance (just a small chirp of Goodboots) while the two guys on the street were still laughing hard at our conversation.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Compomotive. 351w, close ratio four speed, live axle, 4wdb.
Not Ranked     

One of the wife's friends from high school came over for a social visit. She was all done up, hair was perfect and was dressed to kill in a sheer dress and heels. When we were done with dinner and enjoying an adult beverage, the conversation naturally turned to cars. We went out to the garage to give the beast the once-over and she just couldn't contain herself. She had to have a ride in the "English sports car". Wellll, how could I refuse?
She somehow managed to keep her ladylike composure as she seated herself into the cockpit and off we went. As we hit the onramp of the freeway I really held back on the throttle until we motored up to around 65mph. Her hair was just dancing in the wind and she was trying to somehow contain it from blowing everywhere. Now you have to picture this...
Both of her hand are busy trying to hold her hair down when the wind rips thru the cockpit and opens her blouse to everyone's view. And quite a view it was!! As she tried to pull her elbows in to partially cover her breasts, I saw, and my opportunity and took advantage of her plight. I downshifted to third, dumped the clutch and hit at least a hundred in just a wink and kiss!! She tried to keep everything in order but the sheer dress was caught in the powerful swirl and flew up and around her shoulders for a good 15 seconds.
What a beautiful sight!!Long, long legs and pink G-string with the dress held in place by the lap belt.
When we got back to the house, she remarked to me," That was absolutely the best autoforeplay I have ever had."
We talk often and she is always asking for another ride in the Cobra!!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold it!!
Not Ranked     

Mine gets stared at everywhere it goes. It is a "show car" ...everything in the engine compartment is chromed or polished. Even the 17" Trigos are polished and look awesome!!

Last week at a local car show, my car won "Award of Excellence" at the show. There were over 700 cars and 10+ other Cobra's. It felt good to win an award (It's a really nice plaque to put on my wall)

www.theloanfinder.info
Old 05-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

This is a great thread I hope people will continue to post their experiences here.

Mark, to bad you didn't have a camera man, that sounds like it was great fun, pink thong and all! I beleive I'd take her for another ride. LOL

Steve
Old 05-11-2007, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     

In it's short 500 or so miles on the road I've had the usual thumbs up and 'whatisit?' stuff but the two best were the b(o)(o)b (OK, technically only one (o) but it still counts) flash by the girl on the back of a Harley and the kid riding his bike through the crosswalk that crashed because he was rubber-necking the car as he went by.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

I have yet to drive mine.. Hopefully going to the DMV next week.. That said I did have something happen a few days ago. I was in my garage working on her and a kid probably about 9 years old rides by on his bike, he turns around and comes back and says "Holy Sh*t, thats a shelby cobra". I grinned from ear to ear.. ;>)
Old 05-11-2007, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     

well...this might count as more than one...but was very fun anyway.......
'bout a few weeks ago......a bunch of us in the Southwest area.....met the day before Knotts....and took a 260 mile cruise. Now imagine........23 Cobras touring the Southern Calif area.....95* weather....and just a perfect day!! Of course everywhere we drive we get attention........started along the coast from Dana point to Oceanside.......8 am....and rumbling along.....there were at the very least....5 different car ful of Asian turists......driving wildly alongside us hangin' out the windows.....shooting cell phone pics......and we are trying to keep out eyes on the road.....while they are all over the place........scary, but fun....then as we make it to Julian.....for lunch....we encounter the townsfolk........now keep in mind here.....this is 'apple valley'....old school town.....casual folk.....usually a bit quiet......but today.....anything but...as 23 firebreathing monsters motor their way into the quiet little village and basically set the town on fire........they were coming out of every corner.....staring, shaking their heads......smiling.....just not sure what the he$$ was going on!!! AS we parked the 23 'missles of April".....and walked down the street to get some food......we felt like we were the astronauts in the movie...."The Right Stuff"..seriously.......it was weird!! .. anyway, there is more, but suffice to say........drivng one is one thing.......and fun....but 23......Oh MY GOD........we just set 'em on fire whereever we went.......and trust me......we WENT!!!!! (of course we were at speed limits!)
fred z
Old 05-11-2007, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     

RNT, some will take a pic while your gassing up. One group of ladies ask I take their pic standing in front of the beast. Our (small) town has an annual memorial day parade, while talking to the lady that owns an antique shop,
and sorta the go to gal when you want to know what's new, she mentioned the parade and I said. hey!, I"ll bring the cobra...She said NO! it's too loud......Thanks...

Remember!, there's a huge difference between a 'parts' changer, and a mechanic.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 498
Not Ranked     
Default Does this count?

This weekend while showing my roller at a local Lions Club Brewfest, a big breastet woman (yes, she was dinking) grabed the rollbar with both hands and started humping the rear bulge (yes, on the car) while her girlfriend took a picture with her cell phone.

Is this what you meean by "recognition"?
Old 05-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Here in Hawaii I have had Japanese tourists do the camera thing a lot.
What always cracks me up is when a 20's to 30's guy comes up and asks
what kind of a Jaguar is it or Corvette or just what is it? - they have no clue.
Yet now and then a 10 year old or so will smile and say wow - a Shelby
Cobra, or that's a Cobra! You know they will be building or driving one a
few years down the road.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, Supercharged 302
Not Ranked     

At the Harley dealership the other day about 10 bikers came over to look at the car. I explained the car to them. It has a 302 with a Kenne Bell, T5Z etc. Then a guy comes up in the middle of it all and says "oh a 460 Cobra." I said yeah its a 460, but it is a small block 460... "Oh" the guys says. "Cool."
Old 05-11-2007, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-boss
This weekend while showing my roller at a local Lions Club Brewfest, a big breastet woman (yes, she was dinking) grabed the rollbar with both hands and started humping the rear bulge (yes, on the car) while her girlfriend took a picture with her cell phone.

Is this what you meean by "recognition"?
THAT is the BEST kind of recognition!!! lol !!!

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: stack injected 408W Factory Five roadster
Not Ranked     

My car is featured along with Russ Thompson's Coupe in a multi-page article in the July edition of KitCar Magazine. The pictures and the article turned out really nice.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The Ion Magazine people came out to shoot my Cobra for their July edition last night. They took hundreds of pictures with pretty blond girls and other models for two hours as the light was fading in to night.

Ion is a free "Eye-Candy" kind of glossy publication that goes out coast to coast in Canada. i look forward to seeing the shot they pick. Fun fun fun!

Last edited by Eliems; 08-24-2007 at 11:26 PM..
Old 06-09-2007, 05:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotic
Not Ranked     

Went on the Hot Rod Power Tour...cars getting out of line to get next to me and my son to take a pic...at every stop people gathered around and asked questions and took pic....one guy wanted a ride so my son switched seats with his partner for about 60 miles...we were within 30 miles of his home town and he had his wife, daughter and grand daughter meet us at the lunch stop to see him in a COBRA....I'll bet the #&(^ eatin grin is still on his face.
Tour was fantastic....had some really quality time with my son before he leaves today for his new job in Seattle....he asked that i specifically show him as heir to the Cobra since his sister gets all of Mom's diamonds and rubies.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

Just a sweet little story...

About a week ago Bosslady drove us to the car wash to rinse the brake dust out of the wheels. (My left shoulder is wrecked, if I tried to drive Gunrack I would probably kill somebody)

Anyhow, a little girl, maybe 8 or 9, came around the corner from the bay next to us while we were wiping the car down.

She Waaaalked around the car and Loooked at it, the way little kids do, and said, "Mister Sir, can I sit in your car, just for a minute?"

By that time her father had come looking for her and gave me the OK.

I opened the door, told her to mind the sidepipes, they are VERY HOT! Baby! When she settled in I carefully did the full 4-point harness thing, (which I never do) just to impress her, snugged her down, and told her that it was a race car that was not designed to carry young ladies.

Eye contact with her father told me that he agreed.

"Would you like to sit here and listen to the engine run and pretend we're racing?" I said. One of those huge up-and-down nods that little kids do so well. Eye contact with Dad gave me the OK. He was right there, of course.

Even with my first-generation BDR leaky exhaust, Gunrack's 351 sounds impressive, especially in a car wash bay, with that lopety-lope idle and rapping it up to 4K a few times.

It kinda got everybody's attention, the little girl's eyes got as big as saucers. So did her Dad's!

I showed her Dad how to unhook the harness and mind the sidepipes, he picked her up out of the car.

The kicker? just before we left (Dad was scrubbing a well-mudded 4WD pickup) she ran back around the corner and hugged my leg.

"I wish you were my grandpa," she said.

UT