21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 11:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

The owner of the business were I work has a real nice 4000 mile, '67 390 hp 427 Corvette convertable that is a real nice car. He has it on display in the showroom with a 1967 Brochure on the windshield that my co-worker found for him on EBAY, (Pretty Cool). Several months ago someone told him I had a Cobra and he was soon after in my office asking about it. About 2 weeks ago I took it to work (rarely do) and asked if he wanted a ride. Well, I didn't have to ask him twice! He jumped at the opportunity. The entire sales staff was huddled around the car as we were getting buckled in and anxously waiting when we got back. Drove about 4 or 5 miles and excercised the linkage on the Webers a little, and he was quite impressed. Since then he has mentioned it to 3 of our customers that he has brought into my office. He asked if I wanted to temporarily display it nose to nose with his Corvette on the showroom and use it in a joint newspaper ad to draw traffic. That would be cool.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 10-03-2007 at 11:38 PM..
Old 10-04-2007, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique,302
Not Ranked     
Default Wow

it happened.Alumni folks saw car in parade last homecoming, year ago, called last summer wanted story of car and pictures for annual alumni magazine for this fall.Big story of me and Joan and pictures of car with Joan holding 30yr.anniversary gamecock tag, and picture of new tag--vrrooom.Went out to about 60,000 folks, man, calls have been coming from all corners, what kind of car is that?Front cover has one of our students--miss alabama on it, pretty. Watch for her in miss usa contest, from jacksonville state university.Did you build it? Is it real?Joan is on cloud nine---I told her not to spit.Will-alabama
Old 10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of SPF#2632
Not Ranked     

Being a new Cobra owner, my first story...now granted I dont even have the engine in yet.

Picked up my Superformance from Chicago...and open trailered it back to Detroit two Saturday's ago. I was amazed at the stares, thumb up's, and even had people rolling down their windows driving 70 MPH on I-94 trying to ask questions...the car was just on the trailer!!! At the rest stop, an elderly couple who were RV'ing were walking around the car when we came back from the pit stop...asking a million questions. What is it? Where did you get it? Why doesnt it have an engine? They loved it!

I have never owned anything quite like this car...it's loud, mean, flashy...everything I'm not...maybe thats why i have dreamed of owning one. I wonder what it will be like when its on the road (hopefully soon).
Old 10-04-2007, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast 460, Performer Cam & Intake, Edelbrock 750cfm Carb
Not Ranked     

Been to many cruise-ins, but last Saturday was my first show (Motormania II). Got 2 sponsor picks and a top 5 in the "Classics" category.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

I figure this is the best place to post this recent story.

I attended our "Cars & Coffee" event in Irvine this past Saturday. A typical day...lots of exotics, muscle cars, Corvettes and some stuff that you don't normally see.

I'm jawing with a couple other Superformance owners (one visiting from Michigan) and some guy approaches my car and starts taking pictures. Then he steps up real close and takes some more. Then he steps back...then steps close, again. He's really looking it over very closely.

He then looks at me, and in this thick Italian accent, he asks, "Issa this-a one real or a replica?" I politely tell him that it's a replica. He shakes his head in disbelief and responds (using his hands like all Italians do), "It's-a so-uh close to a real one!" (holding his fore finger and thumb about an inch apart). He then asks what do the real ones cost? We all chuckled and told him they start around half million, but you may not see too many on the road because they are worth so much. He nodded in agreement, waved and off he went.

The fact that this guy admired my replica that much really, really made my weekend. It also goes to show that a nicely done replica will fool 99.99% of the public 99.99% of the time.

-Dean
Old 10-22-2007, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     
Default 3 page spread in a Magazine

His Magazine Sept/Oct 2007 Featured my Shelby Cobra in a 3 page spread.

The magazine is a california based magazine directed towards men. Features Cars, Girls, Sports, guns etc.

Last edited by RedCSX1; 10-26-2007 at 09:50 PM..
Old 10-22-2007, 02:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1591 / Perf.Eng. 351W/48IDAs
Not Ranked     

Last year I did my first autocross in my SPF. As a newbie, an instructor has to ride with you for the first 3 runs or so. On the first run I just take it easy to learn the course...no problems. On the second run I push it fairly hard, no spins but a couple of short drifts...at the end of the run the instructor gets out of the car, and announces.."I really don't want to ride with you any more, your car scares me!".

Obviously he has too much seat time in Subarus...although those dam things kick my can every time.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:22 PM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

The day after my car was delivered - a little over a month ago - my wife and I took it for a ride up the California coast, from San Jose to north of San Francisco and back. We were cruising just north of Santa Cruz when a silver Cobra with black stripes appeared coming the other way. The driver nearly stood up at the wheel while he passed to give us a smile, a big wave and "thumbs up" sign. If I didn't know it before, at that moment it was clear I had bought into much more than another performance car.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

"Nearly stood up at the wheel?"

Done deal, thou canst steer with thy knees.

Been there, done that.

UT
Old 10-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Last week I was in a parking lot and a guy getting into a new Volvo said "I'll trade you straight up."

I said OK, as long as there is an ATM in the back seat.

We both laughed.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

A young lady, I was following the other day, actually adjusted her rear view mirror (out of the make up applying position) so she could see my car behind her.

I thought DAMN seeing a Cobra has to be important for her to do that!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Morgan
Saw your article in HIS magazine while at the Bally's gym.
SWEEEEETTTT!!
Looking forward to seeing it in person someday.
-A fellow Fresnian

brobehr
Old 10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

A local cop stopped by today after they lifted the mandatory evac from the fires while I was cleaning up around the house.. Said he was glad the firefighters were able to save the Cobra.

They saved the house too!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4995, Keith Craft built 427 SO
Send a message via MSN to 427SnakeSC Send a message via Yahoo to 427SnakeSC
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobehr
Morgan
Saw your article in HIS magazine while at the Bally's gym.
SWEEEEETTTT!!
Looking forward to seeing it in person someday.
-A fellow Fresnian

brobehr
Morgan, I would love to read the whole article, too. (I can't find the magazine up here, in the snowy North ) Can you re-post the last page, in the larger format, same as the first two pages, so us Canadian Cobra people can read it? Thanks!
"The 427 Cobra is easily the highest performance car ever sold for street use. A decent 427 - not the worst, not the best, will go from zero to 100 mph and back down again to zero in less than 14 seconds. All thing considered, you can put together a pretty good argument that the 427 Cobra is the ultimate performance car, judged on any basis you want to name." Taken from; Corvette, The Sensuous American

Last edited by 427SnakeSC; 10-26-2007 at 03:37 AM..
Old 10-26-2007, 09:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default OK I made the corrections to page three

Should have no problem reading the rest of the article. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4995, Keith Craft built 427 SO
Send a message via MSN to 427SnakeSC Send a message via Yahoo to 427SnakeSC
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCSX1
Should have no problem reading the rest of the article. Thanks for the kind words.
Good stuff, Morgan! Really appreciate that! Thanks! Beautiful car you have!
"The 427 Cobra is easily the highest performance car ever sold for street use. A decent 427 - not the worst, not the best, will go from zero to 100 mph and back down again to zero in less than 14 seconds. All thing considered, you can put together a pretty good argument that the 427 Cobra is the ultimate performance car, judged on any basis you want to name." Taken from; Corvette, The Sensuous American
Old 10-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

Hi Xlr8or! THAT is Great news!
Old 10-27-2007, 11:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Yes, Its very good news

Now get it running and on the road.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

2007 Cops for Tots Car Show at the LAPD Police Academy, my Cobra beat out LOTS of convertibles and roadsters (Vipers AND Corvettes!!!) and took home the "BEST IN SHOW" for roadsters and convertibles. Another nice plaque for the garage wall. Even with the paint nicks and worn leather interior and less-than-sparkling engine compartment from driving over 60,000 miles, I was very happy!

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

Yeah, but I wonder...was it the car, or the owner's silly hat?