CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSnaka
Well did you? spin the tires.

just a little!

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Roadster,428FE, 2X4's; 1966 GT 350 Clone; 1968 Shelby GT-350
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharroll Celby
just a little!
Cool.........
Old 09-25-2007, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Sharoll I bet you made their day!! Nice job.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell BB 429 (Sold) Contemporary Cobra CCX3682
Not Ranked     
Default 192 cars and 55 bikes attended!

Nice photo in local paper the following day

Nice to be noticed! Plenty of beautiful cars. SES charity day.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Not sure if it's recognition,
A guy in a fox-bodied Mustang was in the center lane, I was in the left. He leaned out with his camera phone and started taking photos, while driving. He really didn't notice when I eased into the left turn lane because traffic was stopping. He looked up just in time to see the last 5 feet between he and the Volvo he plowed into at 30mph.
I stopped and offered my business card to the upset Asian woman driving the Volvo, in case she needed a witness.
I'm guessing he won't be framing those photos...
Old 09-26-2007, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Hey Mad, the guy will say it was your fault. You distracted him with your shinny paint, powerful engine, loud pipes, fat tires, and of course big smile.

John
Old 09-26-2007, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     

just never ceases to amaze me how these cars......40 year old technology or not..........attract visitors over and over!! Remember, even though we may not be 'the' fastest car' on the road as before.....we are in the top 1% and always, always, are the 'one' they all compare to!! they may not know what it is in the beginning.......but they sure do at the end!!
rev 'em up..........fred z.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

I have now read every post in this thread and all it did was to make me want one even more.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     
Default GoodGuys event

last month we participated in our first GoodGuys car show at Kansas Speedway,what a blast our car is user freindly so the kids that came by got to sit in the car id hear them making race car sounds it was neat,one of the little boys didnt want to sit in it but dad sure did he was grinning from ear to ear telling us how badly he wanted one it was fantastic day for us and the kids .Ther were only 4 cobras ther out of about 3000 cars on sat,they held an autox and we ran the coupe killing the hopped up comeros and mustangs one guy paid us to take his son for a ride around the corse,he said i wanted to ride in the fastes car here , it was fun,exept he pushed so hard on the firewall with his feet that it bulged out musta got scared ,wow what a day..WB3

Last edited by WildBill3; 10-01-2007 at 01:40 PM..
Old 10-01-2007, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra w/ Centrifugally Blown Big Block, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun.
Not Ranked     
Default Heard at a local gas station...

Decellerating from about 80mph, I pulled into a gas station on a rural road. A father and his son (4ish) were there filling up the mini van. The little one was all eyes and teeth...he was definitely excited.

I shut down the engine, shut down the touchscreen dash (shuts down the fuel pump, then the fans, then the water pump, etc...), and finally it's silent.

I unlatch the harnesses and am about to get out, but the 4yr old is now standing inches from my drivers door and exclaims excitedly...

"Are You Batman?"
Old 10-01-2007, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gary Edwards Racing 460
Not Ranked     

I went to the pool store to get a winter cover. While I was in the store one of the employees anounces to the rest of the store "Hey there is a Cobra outside!"

Everyone came out, there were about 6 of them. An older gentleman said that "I made his day" as he took pictures of (and with) the car.

Any 5 minute errand ends up taking 30+ minutes after showing off the car and answering questions. Happens every time. My wife doesnt believe me, she thinks I am out driving around. She hasnt been in it yet....
Old 10-01-2007, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Hey Guys, After attending car show in Laughlin, Nev. last weekend I was driving back to Lake Havasu City, AZ where I live and stopped off for a little gas. Now this station was sort of in the middle of nowhere. Suddely a guy came up and wanted to discuss heating problems with his own cobra, wanting to know what if any trouble I had with my cobra overheating. After a long discussion he happily jumped into his truck and left.
Next, another older gentleman (my age) came over and said he use to work for Carrol Shelby as a bodyman and painter. He just loved the car and couldn't stop talking about all his great memories back in the day. He did tell me that back then you could buy a 289 version for $5900.00 and a 427FE sideoiler for $10000.00

Anyway it took me 20 minutes to buy 10 gallons of gas because of all the interest in these cars. Wow! what fun.
Bill
Old 10-02-2007, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur, 302 EFI
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Profiling

This must happen to you guys all the time. Driving tame Excalibur (302EFI) on interstate in Arkansas with my 12 year old son. Trooper joins on entrance ramp and follows me for a mile or so. I'm doing 65, the speed limit.

He flashes lights and pulls me over. I say to him "I hope you just want to look at it." He says, I ran the tags and it came up a 2000 Honda. "Sure", I'm thinking. He asks for license and registration. After doing a walk around and asking the usual questions (what year, who made it) goes back to his car to "run the tags" again. Comes back and says dispatcher must have gotten tags wrong, apologizes and sees me off.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Send a message via Skype™ to BOURRET
Not Ranked     

On a parking lot, a guy asked me:
-What is the name of this car?
I answered:
"Cobra"
He replied: "So, it is a japanese car!!!"
Old 10-02-2007, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Please tell me your reply was "YES!"
Old 10-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1473 392 cu.in. titanium/black stripes
Not Ranked     

Several weeks ago we dropped by the house of some friends that had never seen our car...they have two small sons (four and six) that have been gear heads since they were born, always playing with cars and trucks and talking about different cars and which one goes faster. After visiting for a while it was time to go...the wife was inside saying goodbye and I was outside with Dad and the boys. As we are waiting the four year old that is standing next to me looks up and says, "start it up" It just cracked me up that this little kid could be so stoked.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     

This is pretty abnormal, I think! As we all know.....most everyone approaching these cars gives a look, usually a thumbs up, but at the very least, a smile!! Of course the one exception........the Vette boys!! Amazing how they temporarily become 'blind' when a cobra appears!!
So, last Sat. I was cruisin' down the coast in So Cal...and turned into Main St. in Huntington Beach. Now, this little stretch, 'bout 3 blocks, has all the cars parading up and down during the day....and you see all kinds of nice cars. Upon my return towards the Coast Hwy....I approach the stop sign seeing this C6 approaching..and figure the norm is about to happen.......'sudden loss of eyesight"!! He waves me to slow.....now we are side by side....blocking all other traffice.....and he says, " wow , I just found a kit that needed completion, and I have it coming in about a week! I cannot wait, I am so excited it makes me just go crazy"! I am sitting there, a bit surprized, and said well, then you will have 2 pretty fast cars, and pointed at his black Vette! He says, 'yep, but the fastest one is on the way"!!!
I smiled, took off, and noticed all the people's heads were just glued to us 2 there in the middle of the road.....exchanging pleasantries..........and not one horn honked to ask us to move!! Now, that was pretty cool all the way around!
fred z
Old 10-02-2007, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #298 427 FI
Not Ranked     

My story was due in part to this thread and the suggestions herein.

I was gassing up the other day when a vagrant carrying a back pack came shuffeling up to me while i was standing there. The place was packed, mostly with women. He said "hey buddy, I was married to a platinum blond and she always told me that a guy who has a car like this must have a small pecker" On the advice of others on this board I looked up and said "well thats true but my balls are abnormally large so I cant complain" I look over and see a couple of women who were watching intently just start busting up laughing. Not sure if they agreed with me or the vagrant but I left with my hed held high.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#499 351W with Webers
Not Ranked     

It happened a couple of weeks ago on a Friday night...

I was in Austin turning off of 620 onto 2222 and was second in line at the light behind some SUV (Nissan, I think). The light turns green and the SUV takes off in a hurry! I crack the Webers open a little and stay on his rear as we hit about 80, or so (60 zone). Up ahead is a traffic light. It turns red and the SUV takes the right lane, I the left. There is already a car stopped at the light in the left lane, so I ease up behind him and come to a stop. I had just barely stopped when I hear from my right some guy say; "Sir, you have a very nice car there, could you hold the speed down a little for me tonight?" I look to my right and there sits one of Austin's finest with his window down...I shot him a thumbs up and a sheepish grin. Soon the light turns green and immediately the cop turns on his overheads and pulls over the SUV!! My lady friend asks; “Why do you think he stopped him and not you?” To which I replied; “Because he doesn’t have a cool car!!”

Gun Doc
Old 10-03-2007, 09:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Now THAT'S recognition!!! lol !!!

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!