Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 10:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

Today I went to a sandwich shop to pick up lunch. I came back out, got in the car and as I was strapping in a car pulled in next to me. It was a family with kids. The wife gets out and looks down and says "Honey we better move the car, we're not worthy to park next to this car". Too funny...
Old 07-01-2007, 11:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Superformance Cobra. Engine is Coast High Performance "Cobra Classic" 427 stroker
Not Ranked     

Yesterday my wife and I were out for a nice drive. Minding our own business at the stoplight I noticed a guy walking his dog with his wife. He said something, but I didn't pay attention. My sweet spouse taps me and said, "did you hear what he said?" Nope, thank goodness.

Apparently the creep was going on and on about "your car stinks, shut that damn thing off... etc."

Then she asked what I would have said if I had heard him. I just shook my head and said "honey, you don't want to know."

Last edited by sp1410; 07-01-2007 at 11:50 PM..
Old 07-01-2007, 11:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Australia, Bullet Proof Windsor
Not Ranked     

went the the gold Coast Auto Salon here is a links

http://forum.hot4s.com.au/showthread.php?t=31170
Old 07-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #212, 392 stroker
Not Ranked     

I was cruzin' down the road today about 65 mph looked in my mirror and saw something with orange lights flying up on me. This guy in a Z06 pulls along side of me and yells, "That car is bad as sh!t!" I said back, "Thanks".
He then yells, "I should have gotten one of those." I just nodded my head and said, "Yup."
He then eased on past me and I just smiled.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 427 FE S.O. 484 cu in
Not Ranked     

Took a 200 mile cruise on the 4th of July to pick up a FE surge tank for a buddy of mine.
Took the back roads from Southern MD to Dickens, MD I was coming to a crossroad somewhere on 198 or 28 not sure at that point and was paying more attention to the street signs when I hear the high streak of a well tuned small block, I look in my rear view mirror and see the tail end of a gray GT40. He had pushed the clutch in and gave it a rev. either that or he missed second gear and I am just flattering myself.

anyway it made me jump.

Last edited by Naumoff; 07-06-2007 at 04:10 AM..
Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Was cruisin' Rodeo Drive in the Cobra when some guy (it's always some GUY!) in a new Ferrari said over my rumbling sidepipes---"I wish MINE sounded as good as yours!"

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3,302 Trick Flowed,Billets, in the Snake Pit.
Not Ranked     
Talking Theyre just jealous....

Be proud of your car, just remember that your car cost more to make than an original cobra did,probably 10X more...
Not only that,but its probably gauranteed that yours rides and handles better..
Old 08-08-2007, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf 1837 408w 93mm turbo
Send a message via AIM to mike knight Send a message via Yahoo to mike knight
Not Ranked     

There's a really nice winding wooded road that passes through some of the most beautiful and wealthy suburbs north of chicago. It's called sheridan road for any of you chicago area guys. Anyways I came to a four way stop and at the same time I arrived a guy and his gal pull up in an Aston Martin db7. He waved me through and gave me the thumbs up. Pretty cool I thought. My wife was with me and I think she finally understands
71 torino cobra 429 scj
66 ford galaxie 7 liter
68 buick wildcat 430
Old 09-21-2007, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

I was cruising through downtown today and teenage kid yells out "Dude, nice viper".. LOL..
Old 09-21-2007, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Out for a cruise a few weeks ago and three Lambos reved their motors going by. Cobras are loud, but a Lambo's is ear piercing!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

My FIRST Cobra 'admiration experience' was Monday...I was taking my brand spanking new Cobra up to Ft Worth for the LoneStar folks to inspect and register it etc. I was pulling it behind a rented Ford F350 pickup on a trailer and pulled into a gas station in Temple, Texas to fill up.

1) The old guy at the next pump had the usual "is it a kit?", question, but he was really nice about it, and impressed that I had built it ( ) and I resisted the obvious responses and just chatted while I filled up...I thought that was going to be it.
2) A woman at the pump behind came over gushing and said "Oh my god, is THAT a Cobra? It is my husband's dream car. He will never believe I have actually seen one, would you mind waiting while I call him and get him to come over?" Not in a particular hurry, I said "sure"...5 minutes later a late forties guy roars up and spends the next 20 minutes asking me every kind of question...
3) ...In the meantime, the two Indian guys who own the gas station have closed down the pay booth and come over to take a look, three young Latino guys park next to me and want to know "hey man, what IS that car...beeeeeautiful!", and a family of five in a minivan get out and all walk over to chat. I ended up with their 8 year old son sitting in the car on the back of the trailer while his dad took pictures...

It took me 40 minutes to get out of there to waves and smiles.

God, if this is my FIRST experience and I wasn't even driving it, someone tell me how you EVER fill up with gas without taking hours?

LOL

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"
Old 09-21-2007, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That's an awesome story Glyn! I guess you could always be a jerk about it and say no or just ignore people! lol I think you handled it well! They key is probably to try and fill up at the same station everytime, that way after a while most people know you! haha
Old 09-22-2007, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom - 302 Cobra, carb,e3 cam
Not Ranked     
Default Car load of photo snappers

I was on I-94 near Oconomowoc,Wisconsin just crusin along. A car load of youngsters passed me, pulled in front of me , and commenced taking pictures of the Cobra. This makes it all worthwhile.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

I know before I was a Cobra owner, long before, the rare siting of one was a big thrill. To actually hear one was a big thrill To see some kid riding passenger in his Dad's Cobra all I could think was "Man how lucky is that kid I wish I was in that seat". So to share the experience with anyone at any level is the least anyone of us can do. The attention can be a pain sometimes but in the scheme of things we have the cars for fun and that is just part of it. Living the dream.

John
Old 09-22-2007, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4000; Shelby aluminum FE with 58mm IDAs
Not Ranked     

I was getting gas a few weeks ago and a car full of young guys were seriously checking out the Cobra. They pulled up next to me after a few minutes to get a closer look.

The driver was able to see inside the car and see the signature on the glovebox, after which he proceeded to say one of the most amusing and memorable things I've heard in a while (think slang, street dialect)....

"Carroll Shelby.....that's one bad motherf*****"

I smiled, gave them a thumbs up, and they drove off.

On occasion that quote will pop into my mind, and I'll just smile.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 331 Sportsman block, T5Z, 3.55 IRS, Fuel Safe cell
Not Ranked     

Don't know if this is good or bad. While filling up yesterday, the lady at the next pump says, "My what a cute little car"
Old 09-22-2007, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

Depends how cute she was!!!

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"
Old 09-25-2007, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I was cruising thru Pasadena/Sierra Madre this morning, and a work crew was digging a trench along the curb for some utilities. The tractor and his helper were letting one car go past, dig some more trench, one more car go past, dig some more trench, etc etc etc.

The tractor and his helper heard the rumble of my Cobra's sidepipes, looked up, and saw my Cobra about four cars down the line. At that point, the tractor motioned to his helper to let ALL the cars through, and gave the Cobra and I a BIG "thumbs-up" and a motion to "spin the tires!"

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Well did you? spin the tires.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Was parked last Sunday at a Biker bar on Ortega Highway in So Cal, and a superbly restored 1974 Ferrari Dino sped by and I saw the driver looking out his window. Two minutes later, he had made a U-turn and turned into the parking lot. He and his hot "second time around" lady came directly over to the Cobra and he proceeded to point and "explain" stuff to her. After about 5 minutes of walking around and talking, they both got back into the Dino and sped off in their original direction.

The two biker dudes I travelled to the bar with proceeded to collect the bet money from those around us who didn't believe it when my friends said as they went by the first time, "bet he turns around and comes back to see the Cobra'!!! Paid for two more pitchers of beer!