17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2006, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra 427 with a Ford 460 Crate Motor.
Not Ranked     

A cop pulled up next to me and asked "wanna race?". That happened to me a few days ago when I was parked at the gas station. I told the cop "sure", thinking it'd be really fun. He then said "I dont mean this Crown Vic. I've got a 996 twin turbo at home". He then said his Porsche spun a rod bearing at Road Atlanta and it was costing him $25,000 to get it fixed, OUCH!
Old 05-23-2006, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

"Do you know what I HATE about your Cobra?",, was a question asked me while I was getting gas in Sparks early one evening during this weekend's Cobra Bash.

I have never had anyone ask THAT sort of question before, but I was curious to what this man meant with his question, so I said "Um...what do you mean?"

He then smiled and said, "The thing I hate MOST about your Cobra is that it doesn't belong to ME! That's a BEAUTIFUL car!"

And with that, he drove off........
Old 05-24-2006, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE-ROUCH 351W
Not Ranked     

The cool thing about driving a Cobra is that usually the "Harley boys" will throw up their hand when they meet you on the road. I have ridden Harleys for many years so I can appreciate the gesture towards the Cobra.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #298, 302 5 speed
Not Ranked     

A guy came over to give me an estimate on some landscaping and just stood in front of the garage looking. Then he said I want you to show it to me but wait until after I finish looking at the yard or I may never get the quote done. I agree about the Harley boys I have been riding 30 years and can tell you they appreciate Cobra's I get waves from them all the time or comments at stop lights.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

There really does seem to be a connection with the Harley group. Maybe some one can explain it. I always thought my car sounded a bit like a V8 Harley..... Heck the club just bought a Harley so I don't know why I am suprised.

On a cruise one day in the Cobra I ran across a group of Harleys just out enjoying the day like I was. A large group of 40 or so. They waved me by and then lined up behind and we had a parade of sorts with the Cobra leading the way. It was a cool moment.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 05-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I won "People's Choice" at the last car show.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:34 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin
I won "People's Choice" at the last car show.

Was any one else there?

Sorry Dave, just could not resist!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 05-26-2006, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superperformance, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

On the way home from town I pulled up behind, then next to, an original 65?365gtb Ferrari. He gives me a thumbs up, I say "great car." He says yours too. I say mine's a replica, your's is an original. He then apologizes that his isn't restored, I reply if it was you could not drive it. He says he'd love to drive the Cobra, fine I'll swap you for a day. He tossed me his card, revved his little V-12 (they always sound good), blipped the sideoiler, light changes to another thumbs up from the Ferrari. Probably won't call him, Cobra's are little dangerous for Ferarri drivers. Never driven an old Ferrari, hmmm?
Old 05-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

I've only had the Cobra for two weeks. The first day I drove it to work, I pulled up at a stoplight next to a Honda Civic with TONS of flares and other pieces of body add-ons, and not one, but TWO exhaust oulets the size of coffee cans. The young man driving the Honda revved the life out of his engine, looked over once, his eyes got REAL wide, and I swear he got pale . He stopped revving his engine and made a point of looking straight ahead until I left.

I think that I was his worst nightmare come true.

GOD I LOVE THESE CARS!!!

Have a great weekend!

Cheers!
Dave

Last edited by ROUSHAC; 05-27-2006 at 10:27 AM..
Old 05-27-2006, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

A gorgeous day, I let Bosslady (my avatar) take me for a highway run.

I scrunched down in the seat, why spoil the image of a blonde carpe-ing the diem in a Cobra?

Besides the usual honks, waves, and thumbs-ups, one trucker was particularly persistant. He finally worked his way into the right lane next to us and rolled down his window.

I smiled up at him from just over the door and he screamed, "Your brake lights are out!!!"

Confirmed by a friendly cop in the next town.

Kinda took the wind out of the afternoon's sails.

UT
Old 06-06-2006, 12:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz Cobra
Not Ranked     

Well, it's just a little thing. But, in the May issue of Autoweek with the new red Ferrari 599 on the cover, there is a story on page 24 about the 450th First Friday Nighter Rally. Santa Monica Sports Car Club is coming up on the 38th year of continuous monthly rallies. In the article, there is a brief mention of my Cobra.

Thanks AutoWeek!
Paul
Old 06-06-2006, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Well, 14 year old ERA375 was featured in the British magazine FHM Spring/Summer 2006 in their "15 most stylish cars ever" article. She also took 1st place in the owner's poll (Class V - Reproductions 1970 & earlier) at the recent 2006 SAAC Spring Fling in Manchester, Ct.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 06-06-2006, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2056, 515 HP ROUSH 402R
Not Ranked     

My Car Was Featured In May On An Episode Of Dream Car Garage. It Was Done Over A 2 Day Period In Las Vegas At The Shelby Event. It's Pretty Cool To Se Your Own Car On T.v.!!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC w/427so, ERA GT #2002
Not Ranked     

But regardless of how nice or original the car is, the most often asked question is, "Is it real?" or "Who's kit is it?", not necessarily in that order.

The most unusual question I had is, "Is it an Austin?"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough HORSEPOWER." Mark Donohue
Old 06-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

I'll start this off by saying that I want a Cobra so bad that I'm thinking about selling my Boss 302 so that I can afford one with a somewhat clear conscience. And I have to say that I love my stroker Boss! Now would you guys please stop writing about a supposed Cobra/ Harley connection? It’s likely to kill my desire to own a Cobra! I've owned and ridden motorcycles continuously since I was 13, I'm 45 now. The closest that I've ever come to owning an actual "Harley" is my current Buell Ulysses. I've always been more about performance than bling and even now, in my graying time, I still am. That seems to be my rub with the whole Harley/Cobra thing. Harleys might be cool for the bling factor but from a performance point of view most of them are absolute dogs. I know that there are alot of Cobras with a high bling factor as well, but just about any Cobra does more than just get loud when you stick the throttle to it. It's the nature of the beast. I look at most Harleys and their riders and what I see is an inexperienced motorcyclist seduced by rhetoric into buying and riding what is essentially nothing more than "a** jewelry." Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem with anyone riding whatever they want to ride. What I have a problem with is some balding, bandana wearing, a**less chaps toting, wanabe bada**, who's only had one bike for one month and thinks he knows it all. Trust me, there are way too many of them out there right now. You'll recognize them by the way that they'll only wave to other Harley riders (not even to us second cousin Buell guys) and by the way that they drag both feet on the ground for 30' when leaving a stop because they are afraid they'll fall over. Just low performance riders on low performance bikes. Gives me the heeby jeebys just thinking about it. To all you riders who’ve been riding for a while, wave to all other bikers and don’t drag your feet on the ground, you are exempt from my ramble. You guys are cool even if you do ride a slow bling wagon! When I have these kinds of thoughts then I see someone write about how the Harley guys think that their Cobra is cool, I think WGAF? I mean, is it cool to you? And, does is draw members of the opposite sex in from surrounding counties? If the answer is yes to these questions, then I’m good no matter what the Harley guys think.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE-ROUCH 351W
Not Ranked     

Since you obviously don't care for the Harley/Cobra connection such as it is, you might just want to keep your Boss and forget about the Cobra. The connection is much more than just the bling factor that you elude to. Just as with the Harleys, I can assure you that there are plenty of Cobra owners around that do not have the skill and experience to handle the power they have at their disposal. I guess its like the old saying goes, if you have to explain it to someone they wouldn't understand anyway. Good luck with your Boss.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Not Ranked     

Kind of off topic here a little bit but I do want to tell my story. I was in 7th grade in Las Vegas and the school decided to have a carreer day. I was the only student to list his future occupation as a race car driver. The principal of the school knew Carroll Shelby. Everyone went to their respective speakers as to their area of future employment, I was one of the last ones to be taken out of class. Mr. Shelby was waiting for me in the parking lot of the school and I got to spend a couple of hours with him. He showed up in the polished aluminum bodied cobra, I think it is the same car that is in the Shelby "museum" in Las Vegas that I most recently had the opportunity to visit. The next day, with my parents permission I was able to ride with him in the car at the Las Vegas Convention Center. I was requested to bring a helmet and the only one we could find was a football helmet with a single bar. The ride in the Cobra stuck with me my whole life. The hardest part of the ride was keeping the helmet in place and holding on, eventhough I was strapped in. With regard to this topic the thought of eventually having something close to this experience was buying my SPF and driving the vehicle. Maybe being 53 is not too old to start pursuing my original career intentions....just dreaming...
Old 06-06-2006, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: stack injected 408W Factory Five roadster
Not Ranked     

My cobra was selected as "Best in Show Roadster" by Factory Five at Knott's this year and was noted in an internet article about the Knott's car show in Mustangs and Fords.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Neutral     

Curtis, that's cool. Do you have a link to the article?

So Randy, if I don't like Harleys I shouldn't build a Cobra? Jeez, sensitive are we? Well since you're the sensitive type here is a web site that'll make you feel all warm and cozy again.

http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/

Steve
Old 06-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Wink I think she knows!

I've only had my Cobra since last weekend, I brought it home on Sat. Thank you very much. So this evening after dinner I wander out to the garage to spend a little quality quiet time with my car, while my wife watches the latest episode of American Survivor or what ever on TV.

After about 20 min. my dear sweet wife of 30+ years comes out and sits in the car. She looks around the car and says:
"This is a beautiful car, If I ever catch you ****ing around, I will own this and my attorney will be driving it!" and walks out!

I think she knows!

jdog