Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree210Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2021, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

We pretty much agree that nothing seen or presented so far validates the assertion of Cunningham owning the car.
twobjshelbys likes this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 12-02-2021, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI FIA, 289HP (5-bolt), 48IDA Webers
Not Ranked     

Deleted

Last edited by CompClassics; 07-18-2023 at 11:58 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompClassics View Post
Buzz off
Lol! - I'm soooo offended!
As suggested earlier you're grinding an axe that is not directly related to the subject of this thread, so you really ought to pi$$ of and start your own thread.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

Last edited by Buzz; 12-02-2021 at 02:53 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Sorry Buzz,
But it really seems like people are jumping all over UC Cowboys butt, let’s not forget the most important thing that everybody seems to be forgetting, UC Cowboy was there! Not one of us on this forum and on this post can state that, and it’s not like he was a kid at the time. I agree nothing has been proved yet that Cunningham owned the car but we should be giving some benefit of the doubt.
It is my belief that the car was essentially abandoned at SAI and a mechanics lien was secured, possibly because Cunningham’s widow did not want to see it, from there the car went to a salvage yard, possibly the “storage facility” noted in the court documents. From there the car was stripped by whomever and the parts were scattered to the wind. When the cars became more valuable and people figured out what they had in there possession with numbers on them people got greedy and started trying to see if they could claim a title to it. It is my opinion that Hasselrig my have bought something, possibly the cars trailer.
It's all good. I've stated from the beginning that Michael seems sincere and I'd love his story to be true. I just wish something could be found to justify changing the currently accepted chain of ownership.
twobjshelbys likes this.

Old 12-02-2021, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Deleted

Last edited by CompClassics; 07-18-2023 at 11:59 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No apology offered, other than to the OP and others here for being part of this unpleasant back and forth in an otherwise very interesting thread. I responded in kind to your overtures, one of which you edited out after I responded - a big no-no on this forum, lol!
You clearly have some insight and knowledge of the issue but up til now your focus has been on debunking the current title to the car. I really didn't know your position on Cunningham's ownership. Myself and 1ntcobra have been the most sympathetic towards Michael throughout. Ned has been factual and dispassionately objective.
I do accept your apology, however.

Old 12-02-2021, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
We pretty much agree that nothing seen or presented so far validates the assertion of Cunningham owning the car.
This is all the child's prayer:

I wish I may, I wish I might...
Old 12-02-2021, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok, I’ll correct my edit, Buzz off.
Debunking is what this post is about, it all revolves around 2049.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby factory competition Mark II 289ci sgl four barrel
Not Ranked     
Default Cunningham

Quote:
Hi Michael - the question I have is why in the article I linked did you refer to the Cobra in your own words as "a privately owned Ford Cobra" when you named the cars that Paul drove? That certainly doesn't sound like you believed it was his own car.
Quite simple Watson, Cunningham is the private owner!
Old 12-02-2021, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_COWBOY View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZfZ8uWaOFI

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 12-02-2021 at 05:23 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default In summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_COWBOY View Post
Look - I've been on your side pretty much all along while others have been more than a bit hard on you, implying repeatedly that you have some ulterior motive in trying to cash in on 2049 by establishing some claim to the title and building your own air car. That's because in your second post, you stated:

"In the last 15 years or so, I have been acquiring period correct 289ci engine, Mark II front end clip, roll bar, etc. to go with the chassis remnants, foot boxes, aluminum interior panels, dash board and upholstery remnants.

Looking for a partner with whom we will reconstruct the real Cunningham Cobra, a very rare factory competition prepared 289ci Mark II Cobra."

You then went onto declare all you care about is correcting the history, and you were admittedly up front about your frame turning out to be a junk AC Ace chassis. Some of us still did our own searching and speculating in the hope that Cunningham's ownership could be proven.

I simply agreed with one poster (who rebutted me for expressing hope in your story btw) that to date, nothing has been posted that validates your claim. If that's too much for you and CompClassics then that's just too bad, lol!
Good luck
twobjshelbys likes this.

Last edited by Buzz; 12-02-2021 at 05:33 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Ok, I’ll correct my edit, Buzz off.
Debunking is what this post is about, it all revolves around 2049.
Now that's more like it! Man up and don't be that chicken$hit punk who posts something antagonistic and then edits it out in an act of pu$$ification when your true nature kicks in.

Old 12-02-2021, 05:35 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Now that's more like it! Man up and don't be that chicken$hit punk who posts something antagonistic and then edits it out in an act of pu$$ification when your true nature kicks in.
Dang, I couldn't have written a better incendiary post if I tried.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Don't put yourself down Patrick! You'd probably be a bit less blunt but you could pull it off, I know it.

Old 12-02-2021, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Look - I've been on your side pretty much all along while others have been more than a bit hard on you, implying repeatedly that you have some ulterior motive in trying to cash in on 2049 by establishing some claim to the title and building your own air car. That's because in your second post, you stated:

"In the last 15 years or so, I have been acquiring period correct 289ci engine, Mark II front end clip, roll bar, etc. to go with the chassis remnants, foot boxes, aluminum interior panels, dash board and upholstery remnants.

Looking for a partner with whom we will reconstruct the real Cunningham Cobra, a very rare factory competition prepared 289ci Mark II Cobra."

You then went onto declare all you care about is correcting the history, and you were admittedly up front about your frame turning out to be a junk AC Ace chassis. Some of us still did our own searching and speculating in the hope that Cunningham's ownership could be proven.

I simply agreed with one poster (who rebutted me for expressing hope in your story btw) that to date, nothing has been posted that validates your claim. If that's too much for you and CompClassics then that's just too bad, lol!
Good luck
I quoted tha "air car" thread earlier. Still feels like he is desperately searching to any credibility to an equally air story. We'll know when the subpoenas show up.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:55 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
You really do miss "Real1"
Blue66 likes this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-02-2021, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Deleted

Last edited by CompClassics; 07-19-2023 at 12:00 AM..
Old 12-02-2021, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy Awww dont cry...

So that's it - you're all butthurt because nobody is treating you as the big, important expert witness?? You want this thread all to your petty self?
Ok Karen - we'll just sit back and watch you solve this all by your lonesome.

Now get to it! Hurry up - we don't have all day

Old 12-02-2021, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

To my thinking, there are too many loose ends that have yet to be tied up. USC Cowboy said in one post he was 75, then later that he was going on 78. So I'm accepting of the idea that he allows a little leeway in the details. He said that his mom was inconsolable when Cunningham was killed, yet someone from Shelby American brought her over some things in a cardboard box from the car and they still had them. Yet all he has shown us is a rusty Ace chassis. Is that what was delivered in a cardboard box? Damn big box. And how did a 3 year old chassis from southern CA get so rusty? Why would anyone at Shelby American have had an Ace chassis lying around anyway? Was the chassis kept by his mother in the storage unit? She was inconsolable, but kept this reminder for over 40 years? And if it was stored instead in CA, it took Michael almost 50 years to start asking questions about it? And why does Comp Classics continue to dispute the possibility that Lanse Hasselrig - who owns a respected body shop in LA and has a few Pebble Beach winning paint jobs to his credit - ever owned the car? He is IN several of the photos from 1967 bringing the car to his storage space, but we should simply dismiss that he ever owned the car? Lots of details here simply don't add up.
Buzz likes this.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Deleted

Last edited by CompClassics; 07-19-2023 at 12:03 AM..